movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: movies

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 5:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:26pm
revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.
There are some people—I know quite a few—who only feel comfortable going to brand restaurants, like those places must have mastered how to properly prepare food or they'd never risk their reputation by serving substandard food, unlike some restaurant you've never heard of. There is a certain logic to that, I guess, but it seems like dining out of fear.
True of their food as it is prttey much thaw and reheat.
Fascinating:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/04/the- ... ealed.html

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 2:26am
revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 5:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:26pm
revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.
There are some people—I know quite a few—who only feel comfortable going to brand restaurants, like those places must have mastered how to properly prepare food or they'd never risk their reputation by serving substandard food, unlike some restaurant you've never heard of. There is a certain logic to that, I guess, but it seems like dining out of fear.
True of their food as it is prttey much thaw and reheat.
Fascinating:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/04/the- ... ealed.html
The last tweet was the best.

I once met someone who said the Times Square TGI Friday's was the best one in the country. I was blown away. I like Times Square for its audacity, but there's no way I would eat at a chain there. Or here.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 1:36pm
I once met someone who said the Times Square TGI Friday's was the best one in the country. I was blown away.
There must be a means of ranking each restaurant in a franchise, but how? The appeal of those places is, fundamentally, that you're going to get the same thing at each one. Bakersfield, Omaha, Indianapolis, Little Rock, or Trenton—they have the same menu and protocol is supposed to be the same. No dangers of some scary fly-by-night operation. Determining difference in quality is a crazy task that contradicts the whole point of a chain.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 2:07pm
Kory wrote:
I once met someone who said the Times Square TGI Friday's was the best one in the country. I was blown away.
There must be a means of ranking each restaurant in a franchise, but how? The appeal of those places is, fundamentally, that you're going to get the same thing at each one. Bakersfield, Omaha, Indianapolis, Little Rock, or Trenton—they have the same menu and protocol is supposed to be the same. No dangers of some scary fly-by-night operation. Determining difference in quality is a crazy task that contradicts the whole point of a chain.
It's probably just one's mindset when they go in. It's not hard to imagine that her mood was elevated from being on vacation, and that made her perceive the restaurant as better than the one in her town.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
It's probably just one's mindset when they go in. It's not hard to imagine that her mood was elevated from being on vacation, and that made her perceive the restaurant as better than the one in her town.
Oh of course, but it's just such a strange thing to consider, that, aside from the cleanliness of the bathrooms or the friendliness of your server, that there's any difference between a given Wendy's, Ruby Tuesday, or Subway. Difference means something's gone wrong.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 4:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Oh of course, but it's just such a strange thing to consider, that, aside from the cleanliness of the bathrooms or the friendliness of your server, that there's any difference between a given Wendy's, Ruby Tuesday, or Subway. Difference means something's gone wrong.
"You weren't supposed to give those guests A+ service!!! We have a strict C- guideline here at The Cheescake Factory!"

BostonBeaneater

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
It blows my mind that someone would eat at Olive Garden on a visit to New York. To me that's like going to a Red Lobster in Maine.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 7:21pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
It blows my mind that someone would eat at Olive Garden on a visit to New York. To me that's like going to a Red Lobster in Maine.
My friend Chris (he's one of my best friends from college and the guy I went to Depeche Mode with) lives in NYC. He LOVES Panda Express. But he refuses to eat at the one around the corner from his apartment. He only goes if he happens to be in New Jersey.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

I'm really looking forward to the reboot of "Blade Runner" -- I hope I'm not going to be disappointing, but I probably will be.

Trailers
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Spiff wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 11:18am
I'm really looking forward to the reboot of "Blade Runner" -- I hope I'm not going to be disappointing, but I probably will be.

Trailers
:shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

JennyB wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 11:21am
Spiff wrote:

Trailers
:shifty:
Yeah, I know. How Jewish of me, right?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 10:45am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
My friend Chris (he's one of my best friends from college and the guy I went to Depeche Mode with) lives in NYC. He LOVES Panda Express. But he refuses to eat at the one around the corner from his apartment. He only goes if he happens to be in New Jersey.
If you're talking about Hubis, he's got bigger issues than Panda Express.

BostonBeaneater

Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:53pm
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I only eat at Chinese joints with duck carcasses hand in the front window.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Spiff wrote:

Trailers
Fingers crossed with this one Spiff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 12:53pm
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Touche.
Got a Rake? Sure!