This Week in Religion

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by JennyB » 30 Aug 2017, 9:14am

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Sep 2017, 12:59pm

Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6849
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by BostonBeaneater » 05 Sep 2017, 1:12pm


Son of a bitch. I just came to post that.

Image
Image

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 3713
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Spiff » 08 Sep 2017, 9:35am

Roger Waters, musician and First Amendment Freedom Fighter.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by JennyB » 08 Sep 2017, 11:12am

Spiff wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 9:35am
Roger Waters, musician and First Amendment Freedom Fighter.
I am about as against BDS as they come, and I agree with him. And I loathe Roger Waters with every fiber of my being. But what they are doing is wrong.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Sep 2017, 2:32pm

So I'm in my neighbourhood supermarket stocking up on evidence of my poor diet—oatmeal stout, yogurt, popcorn, oj, but organic bananas—and, because I'm an alienated kinda guy, I have my headphones on (early New Order, scorekeepers). But cutting clear thru the sound of "Procession" is this booming voice, something about "sinners." And as I round the corner, in front of the check-out area, there's this middle-aged woman, goggled-eyed, full operatic voice yelling at an employee. I pop out one headphone and hear her going on about him being an agent of Satan, he's going to hell (the two things do go together, right?), everyone in the store is doomed if they don't read the Bible and beg Jesus for forgiveness because he's coming to send us all to hell, etc. Then storms off somewhere else in the store. Some people treated it as a show to watch, others continued shopping (I was the latter—I'm alienated, remember?). The staff seemed to be in good humour about the whole thing, joking with customers. My guy asked me how I was and I said "More apocalyptic than when I came in." The store hired security guards a few months ago—why, I have no fucking clue—but they were nowhere in sight, so, good staffing decision there.

TL;DR: Came for beer, left condemned to hell.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JoseUnidos
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1050
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 8:52am

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by JoseUnidos » 22 Sep 2017, 9:06am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 2:32pm
So I'm in my neighbourhood supermarket stocking up on evidence of my poor diet—oatmeal stout, yogurt, popcorn, oj, but organic bananas—and, because I'm an alienated kinda guy, I have my headphones on (early New Order, scorekeepers). But cutting clear thru the sound of "Procession" is this booming voice, something about "sinners." And as I round the corner, in front of the check-out area, there's this middle-aged woman, goggled-eyed, full operatic voice yelling at an employee. I pop out one headphone and hear her going on about him being an agent of Satan, he's going to hell (the two things do go together, right?), everyone in the store is doomed if they don't read the Bible and beg Jesus for forgiveness because he's coming to send us all to hell, etc. Then storms off somewhere else in the store. Some people treated it as a show to watch, others continued shopping (I was the latter—I'm alienated, remember?). The staff seemed to be in good humour about the whole thing, joking with customers. My guy asked me how I was and I said "More apocalyptic than when I came in." The store hired security guards a few months ago—why, I have no fucking clue—but they were nowhere in sight, so, good staffing decision there.

TL;DR: Came for beer, left condemned to hell.
Sounds like you stumbled into an improv reading of Stephen King's "The Mist."

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6849
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by BostonBeaneater » 22 Sep 2017, 2:28pm

The DeVos family puts on ArtPrize in Grand Rapid s every year. This is my first spin through and I've started an instagram account to keep track of it all. I've made up names for amusement.



Image

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 7971
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Inder » 08 Oct 2017, 3:34pm


Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Oct 2017, 7:15am

Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5282
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by revbob » 16 Oct 2017, 8:15pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 2:32pm

Came for beer, left condemned to hell.
That belongs on a tshirt

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Dr. Medulla » 27 Oct 2017, 7:00am

Christians, I think you've been challenged.
Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35328
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Oct 2017, 10:10am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 2:32pm
So I'm in my neighbourhood supermarket stocking up on evidence of my poor diet—oatmeal stout, yogurt, popcorn, oj, but organic bananas—and, because I'm an alienated kinda guy, I have my headphones on (early New Order, scorekeepers). But cutting clear thru the sound of "Procession" is this booming voice, something about "sinners." And as I round the corner, in front of the check-out area, there's this middle-aged woman, goggled-eyed, full operatic voice yelling at an employee. I pop out one headphone and hear her going on about him being an agent of Satan, he's going to hell (the two things do go together, right?), everyone in the store is doomed if they don't read the Bible and beg Jesus for forgiveness because he's coming to send us all to hell, etc. Then storms off somewhere else in the store. Some people treated it as a show to watch, others continued shopping (I was the latter—I'm alienated, remember?). The staff seemed to be in good humour about the whole thing, joking with customers. My guy asked me how I was and I said "More apocalyptic than when I came in." The store hired security guards a few months ago—why, I have no fucking clue—but they were nowhere in sight, so, good staffing decision there.

TL;DR: Came for beer, left condemned to hell.
Good job you have earbuds these days. I mean could you imagine her consternation when you turn up with boombox under your arm belting out "Dead Souls".
Image
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Kory » 27 Oct 2017, 2:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 7:00am
Christians, I think you've been challenged.
Image
I follow the Church of Satan on Twitter. It's pleasant.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Rat Patrol » 09 Nov 2017, 1:08am

Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest