So..about Twitter...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: So..about Twitter...

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
My girl SMG would know what's up.
Sister Machine Gun? :shifty:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 7:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 6:16pm
Heh, that was the movie that Kaleb and Wolter decided I was a jerky jerk for not privileging entertainment value over historical respect. I'll make a rare foray into podcastery and listen to it once that horrible Vinyl Detective novel is done.
Did I really? I've never seen it. Was I drinking?
Quickly looking at the exchange, it's more about assessment of history-rooted movies—you or Kaleb don't actually say you've seen the movie. Only Tep and I did. Still, my tears were real, dammit!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6039&p=345333#p345333

James and I chatted a bit about his crew's view of the flick—worthwhile listening—and my own critique of the movie and their treatment. It's a simultaneously entertaining movie (if you can shut off your social conscience and historical perspective) and a frustrating one (if you can't shut that off). So it is quite good for discussion.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Question for the better versed than I. I'm trying to get a hold to ask a question of one of the authors whose book I've used and am using again. I can't locate his email online, only his Twitter handle. I have a long-dormant Twitter account, so what do I have to do to contact him that way (privately, if that's possible)?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 12:43pm
Question for the better versed than I. I'm trying to get a hold to ask a question of one of the authors whose book I've used and am using again. I can't locate his email online, only his Twitter handle. I have a long-dormant Twitter account, so what do I have to do to contact him that way (privately, if that's possible)?
You can ask him to follow you for just long enough to open his DMs to you and either ask him there or get his email in there.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 12:43pm
You can ask him to follow you for just long enough to open his DMs to you and either ask him there or get his email in there.
So I have to make an open tweet to him first?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

You can chalk it up to age but im pretty sure id hate twitter no matter what.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 3:37pm
I'm in your boat. Seems too much like Facebook in formally accepting and rejecting people for communication, but with soundbite writing. Good for quick jokes and alerts, I guess, but not how I like discourse. And if I have to go thru five steps just to ask this guy a private question, meh, I guess I'll move on from my idea.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Old people are old.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 4:08pm
revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 3:37pm
I'm in your boat. Seems too much like Facebook in formally accepting and rejecting people for communication, but with soundbite writing. Good for quick jokes and alerts, I guess, but not how I like discourse. And if I have to go thru five steps just to ask this guy a private question, meh, I guess I'll move on from my idea.
I use it solely as a comedy delivery system, and on that score it succeeds damn well. You just have to choose who you follow very carefully.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc