Steve Jones, Brian Wilson, etc

General music discussion.
vacuumcleaner
Corner Soul

Steve Jones, Brian Wilson, etc

Post by vacuumcleaner »

I just read Steve Jones (Pistols)'s new book. He said he once interviewed Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) and Brian was a complete jerk. Does anyone know what was said? I couldn't find any trace of it on the internet. I can imagine Brian wouldn't like the Pistols.

Most of Jones' book tells the story I've already heard re the Pistols period, just with more detail. One surprise is that John Lydon smokes a lot.

It's a shame no one in the Clash wrote a book, except Terry Chimes. Now all the Pistols except Paul Cook have written a book.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Steve Jones, Brian Wilson, etc

Post by Kory »

vacuumcleaner wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 4:14pm
I just read Steve Jones (Pistols)'s new book. He said he once interviewed Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) and Brian was a complete jerk. Does anyone know what was said? I couldn't find any trace of it on the internet. I can imagine Brian wouldn't like the Pistols.

Most of Jones' book tells the story I've already heard re the Pistols period, just with more detail. One surprise is that John Lydon smokes a lot.

It's a shame no one in the Clash wrote a book, except Terry Chimes. Now all the Pistols except Paul Cook have written a book.
This was the closest thing I was able to find: http://jonesysjukebox.blogspot.com/2004 ... on_24.html
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

There was also that revelation a few years ago that BW was basically ignorant about punk all these years. Such a perfectly wonderful weirdo.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

SandraM
Dirty Punk

Post by SandraM »

Wonderful weirdo sums it up nicely. There's very few people I would class as a genius (a word that is bandied around too easily nowadays) but Brian Wilson is one of them. I think it's rather cool that he didn't get the punk thing.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

vacuumcleaner wrote:

He's smoking in nearly every picture you ever see of him.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

vacuumcleaner
Corner Soul

Post by vacuumcleaner »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 8:09am
vacuumcleaner wrote:

Hardly. And I've seen a lot of photos of Lydon.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

vacuumcleaner wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 4:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
vacuumcleaner wrote:

In the 1970's everybody smoked, like in Europe today!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

vacuumcleaner wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 4:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
vacuumcleaner wrote:

Now I'm sure you could post just as many pictures of John not smoking. But if as you say you have "seen a lot of photos of Lydon" I find it odd you've never noticed he's a constant smoker.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia