movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: movies

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 6:03pm
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:18pm

Yeah I enjoyed the Harry Conick Jr joke they slipped into Preacher last night.
the missing puzzle piece cracked me up
I think I missed that.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:50pm
tepista wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:21pm
revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 6:24pm
Tho I've heard about it since I was a kid, I've never seen The Kentucky Fried Movie until now. It isn't funny. At all.
That was one of those midnite movies that was always playing when is was in middle/high school along with the aforementioned Eating Raoul, Blood Sucking Freaks and Rocky Horror
I remember seeing it all the time at the first video rental store my home town got (VHS and Beta selections!). I can see its significance for later movies like Airplane!, with straight-lined comedy and light parody, but it was just lousy on its own. Lotsa boobs but no laughs.
Zucker/Abrams wrote it
That's Zucker/Zucker/Abrams pal. Side note: David Letterman auditioned for the Ted Striker roll.
But he didn't actually want it and was relieved when he didn't get the part. Also, Robert Hays is 70 now and that blows my mind. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 9:49pm
tepista wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 6:03pm
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:18pm

Yeah I enjoyed the Harry Conick Jr joke they slipped into Preacher last night.
the missing puzzle piece cracked me up
I think I missed that.
When Herr Starr had the date with the governor's daughter she told the lame story about the missing puzzle piece in her life, then at the end when he had his encounter with the male prostitutes, he had his eureka moment: "My missing puzzle piece!"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

JennyB wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 9:24am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:50pm
tepista wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:21pm
revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:14pm

That was one of those midnite movies that was always playing when is was in middle/high school along with the aforementioned Eating Raoul, Blood Sucking Freaks and Rocky Horror
I remember seeing it all the time at the first video rental store my home town got (VHS and Beta selections!). I can see its significance for later movies like Airplane!, with straight-lined comedy and light parody, but it was just lousy on its own. Lotsa boobs but no laughs.
Zucker/Abrams wrote it
That's Zucker/Zucker/Abrams pal. Side note: David Letterman auditioned for the Ted Striker roll.
But he didn't actually want it and was relieved when he didn't get the part. Also, Robert Hays is 70 now and that blows my mind. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid.
Some girls I knew back in the 80's liked him too.
There was a local 4 plex cinema that played the same midnight movies for 5 or 6 years- Rock Horror, KFM, Eraserhead and BSF.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watching this right now, but there's some back story. Twenty years ago, this was on tv and I was watching it for the first and only time. Then news of Diana's car crash interrupted the broadcast. But they never went back, just kept repeating the same shit over and over. And I became inexplicably enraged. Just fucking furious that I wasn't going to see the end of this mediocre movie when there was no actual new information being reported. It became a moment that the missuz and our then housemate and still dear friend talk about (my response is always "I regret nothing"). But I never made an effort to watch the movie again. However, on the 20th anniversary of my missing the end of that goddamned movie, I decided to close that painful circle that Diana's death opened up. Now I, and maybe all the world's brothers and sisters, can heal.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Amen brother.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 6:16am
Watching this right now, but there's some back story. Twenty years ago, this was on tv and I was watching it for the first and only time. Then news of Diana's car crash interrupted the broadcast. But they never went back, just kept repeating the same shit over and over. And I became inexplicably enraged. Just fucking furious that I wasn't going to see the end of this mediocre movie when there was no actual new information being reported. It became a moment that the missuz and our then housemate and still dear friend talk about (my response is always "I regret nothing"). But I never made an effort to watch the movie again. However, on the 20th anniversary of my missing the end of that goddamned movie, I decided to close that painful circle that Diana's death opened up. Now I, and maybe all the world's brothers and sisters, can heal.
Thank you for your service.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Some heroes don't wear capes imho
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:27am
Some of us like to look our best when we go to the Olive Garden, prole!

Man, that movie blew. Goodman was a convincing enough Ruth in speech and appearance, but what a wretched script and story. I blame the royal family and thus Heston.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:32am
Flex wrote:

Man, that movie blew. Goodman was a convincing enough Ruth in speech and appearance, but what a wretched script and story. I blame the royal family and thus Heston.
Always safe bets.

Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.
There are some people—I know quite a few—who only feel comfortable going to brand restaurants, like those places must have mastered how to properly prepare food or they'd never risk their reputation by serving substandard food, unlike some restaurant you've never heard of. There is a certain logic to that, I guess, but it seems like dining out of fear.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:32am
Flex wrote:

Nah there's no way Heston killed Diana. Hes would've been on a New York groove somewhere that day. As for the inbreds well fuck 'em.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:42pm
Nah there's no way Heston killed Diana. Hes would've been on a New York groove somewhere that day. As for the inbreds well fuck 'em.
I blame Heston for everything distressing about Thatcheralia. He's never adequately compromised my thesis.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:42pm
I blame Heston for everything distressing about Thatcheralia. He's never adequately compromised my thesis.
:lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:26pm
revbob wrote:
There are some people—I know quite a few—who only feel comfortable going to brand restaurants, like those places must have mastered how to properly prepare food or they'd never risk their reputation by serving substandard food, unlike some restaurant you've never heard of. There is a certain logic to that, I guess, but it seems like dining out of fear.
True of their food as it is prttey much thaw and reheat.