Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's horribly cheap videotape in terms of quality, but it's nevertheless a compelling summary of Kaufman's wrestling schtick (with some background of other examples of his performance). His entire career still seems beyond belief, the endless scams in contempt for the entertainment industry, yet he was so damned good at making it compelling and entertaining.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 5:13pm
It's horribly cheap videotape in terms of quality, but it's nevertheless a compelling summary of Kaufman's wrestling schtick (with some background of other examples of his performance). His entire career still seems beyond belief, the endless scams in contempt for the entertainment industry, yet he was so damned good at making it compelling and entertaining.
Yeah he was great. I should look up some stuff on YouTube. Id kind of forgotten about him

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 5:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 5:13pm
Yeah he was great. I should look up some stuff on YouTube. Id kind of forgotten about him
That documentary can be downloaded via archive.org, if you're interested. His wrestling career went on much longer than I believed, but he was great at being the villain.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:12pm
Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
He produces faux populist television. Hey, audience, tired of feeling dumber than those smartypants writers with their clever scripts? Here's something that you know completely and fully from the first second. You could write this because you know the jokes ahead of time. Watch this and say fuck you to the elites!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:58pm
Silent Majority wrote:
He produces faux populist television. Hey, audience, tired of feeling dumber than those smartypants writers with their clever scripts? Here's something that you know completely and fully from the first second. You could write this because you know the jokes ahead of time. Watch this and say fuck you to the elites!
My kid asked me about some show he'd never seen and this is basically how i described it. Generic sitcom where you know exactly how it will play out and iften know the characters lines beforee they say them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
My kid asked me about some show he'd never seen and this is basically how i described it. Generic sitcom where you know exactly how it will play out and iften know the characters lines beforee they say them.
Some people want to be reassured of what they know, some people want to be challenged or surprised. If it's snobby to say the latter is, in most cases, better, so be it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
How he manages to get talent like Kathy Bates is beyond me. OK, money, but still.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I call it "my parents' kind of humor."
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:54pm
I'm imagining your childhood as one where canned laughter played when nothing even funny is happening.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:58pm
Kory wrote:
I'm imagining your childhood as one where canned laughter played when nothing even funny is happening.
Story of my life...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 1:29pm
Story of my life...

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Like that very disturbing Rodney Dangerfield scene in Natural Born Killers. Or the very disturbing film, Back to School.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Like that very disturbing Rodney Dangerfield scene in Natural Born Killers. Or the very disturbing film, Back to School.
Very fucking right. What a superbly conceived and executed scene.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Do we have any Rick and Morty fans here? I can't recall it being discussed.