Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 3:08pm

Okay, so this has never happened to me before (no, this isn't a Penthouse letter). I'm trying to order a book from an American college bookstore—they're the only ones carrying this book—and whenever they try to charge my credit card, it's approved and then immediately reversed. They think it's coming from my bank, my bank says it's their credit card processor. Either way, it ain't working. The person I've been chatting with at the bookstore suggested going to IMCT and finding someone there to order it for me and then I'll PayPal the cash back. The total will be a bit under US$35.

If you're willing to do this Make-a-Wish solid, PM me and I'll give you the details.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by eumaas » 22 Aug 2017, 5:25pm

Is this resolved yet
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 5:39pm

Nein.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by eumaas » 22 Aug 2017, 6:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 3:08pm
Okay, so this has never happened to me before (no, this isn't a Penthouse letter). I'm trying to order a book from an American college bookstore—they're the only ones carrying this book—and whenever they try to charge my credit card, it's approved and then immediately reversed. They think it's coming from my bank, my bank says it's their credit card processor. Either way, it ain't working. The person I've been chatting with at the bookstore suggested going to IMCT and finding someone there to order it for me and then I'll PayPal the cash back. The total will be a bit under US$35.

If you're willing to do this Make-a-Wish solid, PM me and I'll give you the details.
Let's give this a shot!
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 6:43pm

eumaas wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 6:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 3:08pm
Okay, so this has never happened to me before (no, this isn't a Penthouse letter). I'm trying to order a book from an American college bookstore—they're the only ones carrying this book—and whenever they try to charge my credit card, it's approved and then immediately reversed. They think it's coming from my bank, my bank says it's their credit card processor. Either way, it ain't working. The person I've been chatting with at the bookstore suggested going to IMCT and finding someone there to order it for me and then I'll PayPal the cash back. The total will be a bit under US$35.

If you're willing to do this Make-a-Wish solid, PM me and I'll give you the details.
Let's give this a shot!
Your mensch-ness is confirmed again. :cool: PM incoming.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Flex » 22 Aug 2017, 6:49pm

If Gene turns out to be an untrustworthy grifter, I can back ya up.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5300
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by revbob » 22 Aug 2017, 6:56pm

Flex wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 6:49pm
If Gene turns out to be an untrustworthy grifter, I can back ya up.
When Gene and Flex fail you call me.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 7:04pm

Thanks, fellers. I trust my fellow flat-earther will make it work.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5300
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by revbob » 22 Aug 2017, 7:08pm

I don't often come into this thread so it's easy to miss this sort of thing.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Flex » 22 Aug 2017, 7:16pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:04pm
Thanks, fellers. I trust my fellow flat-earther will make it work.
I hear he secretly thinks the earth is round
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Heston » 22 Aug 2017, 7:29pm

I suppose the last bit rules out Gene Simmons. No one on here will ever understand the MIGHT of Kiss, fucking too many Joy Division fans on here.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 7:41pm

Flex wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:04pm
Thanks, fellers. I trust my fellow flat-earther will make it work.
I hear he secretly thinks the earth is round
Shut your damned dirty mouth!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 7:41pm

Heston wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:29pm
I suppose the last bit rules out Gene Simmons. No one on here will ever understand the MIGHT of Kiss, fucking too many Joy Division fans on here.
So, drinking on a Tuesday night?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Heston » 22 Aug 2017, 7:44pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:41pm
Heston wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:29pm
I suppose the last bit rules out Gene Simmons. No one on here will ever understand the MIGHT of Kiss, fucking too many Joy Division fans on here.
So, drinking on a Tuesday night?
Ok, I'm drunk..Had an unexpected detour to an Irish open mic night. Maj would have wanted it.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71164
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wanted: American with a credit card and a kind heart

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Aug 2017, 7:46pm

Heston wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:41pm
Heston wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 7:29pm
I suppose the last bit rules out Gene Simmons. No one on here will ever understand the MIGHT of Kiss, fucking too many Joy Division fans on here.
So, drinking on a Tuesday night?
Ok, I'm drunk..Had an unexpected detour to an Irish open mic night. Maj would have wanted it.
To the KISS thread for morning-after regrets!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests