Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 5:26pm
Aug 16th! Dodgers vs. Whitesox. 3/4 of X is from Illinois originally. Come see which team we root for!
X Day @ Dodger Stadium Aug 16th.
Exene throwing the first pitch.
John signing the national anthem.
The band being interviewed for the pre-game.
And X songs played on the organ.
Get a Dodger Dog.
See you at the Chavez Ravine!
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp
all her toys wore out in black and her her boys had too
she had started to hate every Robinson and Koufax
Clearly Vin Scully was keeping them doing this, so it's good that he's gone.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

So wife and I met our friends, Peter and "No Baby" Nicole in Las Vegas. "No Baby" Nicole used to live there, she invites us to her grandfather's house for his birthday party. Says he's an Elvis impersonator and there should be dozens at the party. I say "Fist of all, will these dozens of Elvis Impersonators be in costume?, and Second: How the fuck have I known you 5 years and you never told me your grandfather is a fuckin Elvis Impersonator?!?!?!" So we get to this little suburban house, and it's a fucking ELVIS SHRINE, every inch of every wall from living room to kitchen to bathroom was all Elvis. There wasn't dozens, but maybe "a" dozen, and yes they were dressed and all taking turns at Karakoe. I volunteered my services as well (I performed "His Latest Flame") and when it was over and done, I had a pocket full of business cards from assorted Elvises! Free booze of course, if there were pills I sure couldn't find them. We stayed about 2 hours, had an absolute blast.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 7:40pm
So wife and I met our friends, Peter and "No Baby" Nicole in Las Vegas. "No Baby" Nicole used to live there, she invites us to her grandfather's house for his birthday party. Says he's an Elvis impersonator and there should be dozens at the party. I say "Fist of all, will these dozens of Elvis Impersonators be in costume?, and Second: How the fuck have I known you 5 years and you never told me your grandfather is a fuckin Elvis Impersonator?!?!?!" So we get to this little suburban house, and it's a fucking ELVIS SHRINE, every inch of every wall from living room to kitchen to bathroom was all Elvis. There wasn't dozens, but maybe "a" dozen, and yes they were dressed and all taking turns at Karakoe. I volunteered my services as well (I performed "His Latest Flame") and when it was over and done, I had a pocket full of business cards from assorted Elvises! Free booze of course, if there were pills I sure couldn't find them. We stayed about 2 hours, had an absolute blast.
That sounds fun. Nothing like that around here in passive-aggression land.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
You is livin' the life, man. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Is it ok to ask the leader of the Labour Party if she is planning to have children if she wins the election and therefore whilst she is Prime Minister. Discuss.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 2:11am
Is it ok to ask the leader of the Labour Party if she is planning to have children if she wins the election and therefore whilst she is Prime Minister. Discuss.
It's the Labour Party, not the Going In To Labour Party! ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
I think you have a career change ahead of you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 2:11am
Only if you ask a male candidate the same thing.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

tepista wrote:
Incredible. 👏👏👏

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 12:04pm
tepista wrote:
Incredible. 👏👏👏
Holy crap that's amazing.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just wasted a fuck-ton of time applying for a job that I don't know if I'd even want, or if it'll even work out given that I'm teaching this fall. But, apart from them having my own c.v., all the same information had to be entered again, and, best of all, a personality quiz and horseshit questions about what I admire most and least in bosses and clients. All it really did was make me more wary of the company, which, in its own way, just freed my mind to answer without any game playing.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 3:56pm
Just wasted a fuck-ton of time applying for a job that I don't know if I'd even want, or if it'll even work out given that I'm teaching this fall. But, apart from them having my own c.v., all the same information had to be entered again, and, best of all, a personality quiz and horseshit questions about what I admire most and least in bosses and clients. All it really did was make me more wary of the company, which, in its own way, just freed my mind to answer without any game playing.
Maybe that was the intent? Are they that smart?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 4:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
An interesting business strategy, if so. Regardless, my "what the hell?" decision to apply has been succeeded by a "you're going to have to impress me" stance.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 5:05pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
An interesting business strategy, if so. Regardless, my "what the hell?" decision to apply has been succeeded by a "you're going to have to impress me" stance.
I like the cut of your jib. I don't know if I'd want to work for a place that would put me through that. Imagine what the culture is like.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 5:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 5:05pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I like the cut of your jib. I don't know if I'd want to work for a place that would put me through that. Imagine what the culture is like.
Precisely. Surely we all have better things to do with our time than have me subconsciously reveal that I will grow more and more disenchanted by group work that reveals my partners to be lazy and incompetent.