Spoilers!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Spoilers!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

What kind of grown-up non-douche gives a shit about spoilers on TV shows and movies? I mean, I enjoy reading these lame-ass bitch and moan about the preceived injustice but who are these people?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Spoilers!

Post by Silent Majority »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 11:50pm
What kind of grown-up non-douche gives a shit about spoilers on TV shows and movies? I mean, I enjoy reading these lame-ass bitch and moan about the preceived injustice but who are these people?
I don't wanna know anything about this new Apes film and its been easy cos im not reading anything about it. I wouldnt be pissed off if someone inadvertently told me a plot point cos ive got perspective on the importance of how much i enjoy the films.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 1:55am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I don't wanna know anything about this new Apes film and its been easy cos im not reading anything about it. I wouldnt be pissed off if someone inadvertently told me a plot point cos ive got perspective on the importance of how much i enjoy the films.
The Apes fight the humans, it ain't rocket science. Don't miss the cameos from the the rest of e Cheers cast. That George Wendt...

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 2:44am
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 1:55am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
The Apes fight the humans, it ain't rocket science. Don't miss the cameos from the the rest of e Cheers cast. That George Wendt...
My favourite spoiler ever came from a guy with learning difficulties I knew from work.
"Just seen Star Wars?"
"How was it mate?"
" Harrison Ford died."
"Ah, man."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
You don't like surprises? I find it hard to enjoy anything that has a decent twist if I know what it is already, because I spend the whole time thinking "oh, maybe it comes after this scene."
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

There was some study several years ago that concluded that spoilers generally don't hinder enjoyment of a movie or book. It creates a different audience experience, but not a necessarily disappointing one. Courtesy says don't spoil something without another person's permission—why dictate that they can't be surprised—but it's not an obvious evil.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 3:59pm
There was some study several years ago that concluded that spoilers generally don't hinder enjoyment of a movie or book. It creates a different audience experience, but not a necessarily disappointing one. Courtesy says don't spoil something without another person's permission—why dictate that they can't be surprised—but it's not an obvious evil.
I'm not usually too bothered by it unless it's related to a property that I have a deep investment in, but I usually say that after a year you don't have to give a spoiler warning anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 4:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 3:59pm
I'm not usually too bothered by it unless it's related to a property that I have a deep investment in, but I usually say that after a year you don't have to give a spoiler warning anymore.
Like the oeuvre of television's Luke Perry?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 4:34pm
57 part documentary on the non-traditional pizza toppings of the Northwest.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ken Burns' Flatbreads.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 5:15pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ken Burns' Flatbreads.
George Will's insights on the use of the Madagascar hissing cockroach with soy cheese as it relates to Tony LaRussa's bunting strategy in the 1988 ALCS runs a bit long at four minutes, but, you know.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 5:18pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ken Burns' Flatbreads.
George Will's insights on the use of the Madagascar hissing cockroach with soy cheese as it relates to Tony LaRussa's bunting strategy in the 1988 ALCS runs a bit long at four minutes, but, you know.
They could have edited it down a bit, but that would have necessitated expanding the section on gullmeat as used in calzones. And really, what more needs to be said that we haven't heard a hundred times?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 6:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ken Burns' Flatbreads.
They could have edited it down a bit, but that would have necessitated expanding the section on gullmeat as used in calzones. And really, what more needs to be said that we haven't heard a hundred times?
I'd be keen on a game theory interpretation.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 6:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:

Ken Burns' Flatbreads.
There's plenty on Twitter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 6:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Ken Burns' Flatbreads.
There's plenty on Twitter.
I'm not interested in what Mathemagician69 has to say about anything. Not anymore.