Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 9:30am
I am apparently Fish Hitler, or Fitler, if you will. I don't know what happened. VH, Jr. had six fish (four glow fish and two bottom feeders) in a 10 gallon tank. I must have done something wrong when I cleaned the tank last time, because they all died within 48 hours. I feel so awful. I didn't do anything different aside from taking out a little more water than usual (which I have done before, no problem). :disshame: :cry:
Might not have been you. If one of them had a disease, it'd spread easily enough. Aquarium fish are lovely to look at, but a complete nightmare to keep going.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:01am
JennyB wrote:
I am apparently Fish Hitler, or Fitler, if you will. I don't know what happened. VH, Jr. had six fish (four glow fish and two bottom feeders) in a 10 gallon tank. I must have done something wrong when I cleaned the tank last time, because they all died within 48 hours. I feel so awful. I didn't do anything different aside from taking out a little more water than usual (which I have done before, no problem). :disshame: :cry:
Might not have been you. If one of them had a disease, it'd spread easily enough. Aquarium fish are lovely to look at, but a complete nightmare to keep going.
Interesting. I will note that the PH balance of the water was really low, so I think it was me. Unless maybe a disease could cause that?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Interesting. I will note that the PH balance of the water was really low, so I think it was me. Unless maybe a disease could cause that?
If the PH was out of whack, that could do it. Really sensitive creatures to take care of.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:22am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
If the PH was out of whack, that could do it. Really sensitive creatures to take care of.
Yeah...it probably felt like they were swimming in acid. Poor fishies.
Got a Rake? Sure!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 11:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I got a fish once and it was devoured by the others immeadiatly. Fish, like birds, have no souls so don't worry about it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 1:57pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I got a fish once and it was devoured by the others immeadiatly. Fish, like birds, have no souls so don't worry about it.
What about squirrels?
Got a Rake? Sure!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 2:16pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 1:57pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

What about squirrels?
Rats with fluffy tails. No soul.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Good news - I was able to save one of the fish! In a last ditch effort, I put him in a bowl with fresh water (fish guy at petco said to normally never do that) and he's alive! Petco fish guy tested the water and said it was basically toxic. So I did an almost full drain and refill, and he seems to be doing fine now. Makes me feel a little better, though I wish I had thought of doing that before...duh.
Got a Rake? Sure!

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

My dog

His name is Strummer and he is a rescue dog that we got as a puppy
Attachments
20140824 - Strummer - Meanwood Park (73).jpg
20140824 - Strummer - Meanwood Park (73).jpg (771.65 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Joining the Street Parade

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

deny wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 9:27am
My dog

His name is Strummer and he is a rescue dog that we got as a puppy
Adorable!
Got a Rake? Sure!

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Thanks Jenny

He he is keeping an eye on me
Attachments
image2 (1).JPG
image2 (1).JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2787 times

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

deny wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 9:54am
Thanks Jenny

He he is keeping an eye on me
Looks like he's got a good handle on you. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

To sum up, dogs are beautiful creatures who are usually better than us and Jen wields life and death powers over water.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Strummer having a laugh
Attachments
Strummer laughing.jpg
Strummer laughing.jpg (130.14 KiB) Viewed 2774 times

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld