FROM ITALY

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
tania64
Corner Soul

FROM ITALY

Post by tania64 »

Hi everybody, I'm writing from Italy. I've been a great fan of The Clash since 1979 when I bought the first record (give'em enough rope). I had the occasion to see them playing on 1st June 1980 in my city. The morning after I was walking with a friend in the centre of the city when we met Joe. He stopped and he talk with us and offered us a beer. As you can imagine that was one of the most exciting moments of my life.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: FROM ITALY

Post by revbob »

tania64 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 5:55am
Hi everybody, I'm writing from Italy. I've been a great fan of The Clash since 1979 when I bought the first record (give'em enough rope). I had the occasion to see them playing on 1st June 1980 in my city. The morning after I was walking with a friend in the centre of the city when we met Joe. He stopped and he talk with us and offered us a beer. As you can imagine that was one of the most exciting moments of my life.
Very cool.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

tania64 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 5:55am
Welcome, I bet that was amazing.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

I bet that was great!

Which city and what did Joe have to say?

Welcome to the board
Joining the Street Parade

tania64
Corner Soul

Post by tania64 »

The city was Bologna, unfortunately we didn't talk a lot with him, only to thank him for the gig. We were very young and shy :scared:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Very cool. Welcome to the board!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tania64 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 8:24am
The city was Bologna, unfortunately we didn't talk a lot with him, only to thank him for the gig. We were very young and shy :scared:
Bologna is the one where Topper didn't show up until the eighth song or so, I believe. That's a hell of a show to have seen. Any of those late spring 1980 shows were incredible and I'm super envious of those who were able to see them.

Welcome aboard!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tania64
Corner Soul

Post by tania64 »

matedog wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 10:13am
tania64 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 8:24am
Bologna is the one where Topper didn't show up until the eighth song or so, I believe. That's a hell of a show to have seen. Any of those late spring 1980 shows were incredible and I'm super envious of those who were able to see them.

Welcome aboard!
Yes it was! They said he was missing but someone told that probably he was stopped by the police. At the beginning it started raining and Joe said something like "God stop the rain" and in fact it stopped.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Awesome, and welcome!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!