Oasis set to split?

General music discussion.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Oasis set to split?

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:By the way someone should tell Liam his career is over.
Orville, who is your very best friend?

[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah fucking lousy even by his standards. Mind you the closing ceremony was naff. Russell Brand killing a Walrus for fuck sake really?
I really hate that guy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Just watched Liam's set at Glastonbury, what a load of joyless crap. He has Weller Syndrome, get a band of identikit Yes Men and go through the motions.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 8:08am
Just watched Liam's set at Glastonbury, what a load of joyless crap. He has Weller Syndrome, get a band of identikit Yes Men and go through the motions.
They also both possess haircuts that crazed winos who scream in intersections would smirk at.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 8:48am
Heston wrote:
They also both possess haircuts that crazed winos who scream in intersections would smirk at.
Liam has had a crop thank fuck, Weller has also calmed his dinner-lady barnet down a bit as well.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

SandraM
Dirty Punk

Post by SandraM »

Never understood how Liam Gallagher gets so many column inches, at least Noel Gallagher occasionally says something amusing (such as how he loved Slade but they all dressed like Diddy Men).

Heston

Post by Heston »

SandraM wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 2:25pm
Never understood how Liam Gallagher gets so many column inches, at least Noel Gallagher occasionally says something amusing (such as how he loved Slade but they all dressed like Diddy Men).
Agreed, he's just not funny. And the hardman act wears thin at 45.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2009, 5:11pm
Wolter wrote:Oh, and to save anyone else the trouble:
Wolter wrote:the "eumaas extension."
This was quite good.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 9:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Liam has had a crop thank fuck, Weller has also calmed his dinner-lady barnet down a bit as well.
What's a dinner-lady?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 2:47pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
What's a dinner-lady?
I think it's like lunch lady here. There's a Darkness song called "Dinner Lady Arms" that is in reference to the fatty triceps common on "dinner ladies."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 3:27pm
Kory wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 2:47pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
What's a dinner-lady?
I think it's like lunch lady here. There's a Darkness song called "Dinner Lady Arms" that is in reference to the fatty triceps common on "dinner ladies."
Aha!

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

wmhp
Junco Partner

Post by wmhp »

There's a Darkness song called "Dinner Lady Arms" that is in reference to the fatty triceps common on "dinner ladies."

Its the place where dinner ladies go to unwind after work. You get a pint and two nips for a fiver at the dinner lady arms.