The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: The Catch-All Brag About Your Significant Other thread

Post by Spiff »

Flex wrote:
28 Jun 2017, 2:17pm
Well, James must have spiked the drinks at his wedding or something, because today I asked the special lady friend to marry me and, against all reason and logic, she said yes.
Congratulations, Flex!

You're waiting until after the wedding to tell Wendy that you're a soulless android that will lead the robot uprising to crush humankind, right?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Spiff wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 8:40am
Flex wrote:
Well, James must have spiked the drinks at his wedding or something, because today I asked the special lady friend to marry me and, against all reason and logic, she said yes.
Congratulations, Flex!

You're waiting until after the wedding to tell Wendy that you're a soulless android that will lead the robot uprising to crush humankind, right?
That's the first draft of my wedding vows actually.

Thanks all!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

I got married awhile ago, it was harder than they tell you. There's lots of horrible phone calls to make. It also costs all this money.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

CorwoodRep wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 12:50pm
I got married awhile ago, it was harder than they tell you. There's lots of horrible phone calls to make. It also costs all this money.
I plan on crowdsourcing all of that to this board so I expect everything will go... fine?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

CorwoodRep wrote:
That sounds about right.

The fucking catering. We kept getting prices from people until we found one that wasn't stupidly expensive. I think we got like six or seven quotes.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
Congratulations!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Here's a blanket congratulations to all you chumps.

Our wedding was folded into Ali's parents' anniversary, so we paid jack and squat. It was awesome.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

We didn't tell anybody, just went to our local before had a pint and met one of my coworkers (I used to work as a chief mate on a tall ship at a maritime museum, my wife was in the education dept. at the mueseum), he said what you all dressed up for, we replied "getting married". Before long by 1pm we were so loaded we stumbled up to city hall got hitched came back to the bar for an impromptu party from all of our coworkers and friends. It was great and didn't cost a cent!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

coffeepotman wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 12:32am
We didn't tell anybody, just went to our local before had a pint and met one of my coworkers (I used to work as a chief mate on a tall ship at a maritime museum, my wife was in the education dept. at the mueseum), he said what you all dressed up for, we replied "getting married". Before long by 1pm we were so loaded we stumbled up to city hall got hitched came back to the bar for an impromptu party from all of our coworkers and friends. It was great and didn't cost a cent!

THE CORRECT MOVE!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 12:53pm
CorwoodRep wrote:
I plan on crowdsourcing all of that to this board so I expect everything will go... fine?
Book a flight to Puerto Rice, get married in San Juan, then have a backyard barbecue at one of your folk's backyard. Congrats to you my robot acquaintence.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

coffeepotman wrote:
We were along the same lines. We'd been together for 10 years so we invited friends and family to a party and sprung a wedding on them. Whole thing was under $2000.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 7:10am
coffeepotman wrote:
We were along the same lines. We'd been together for 10 years so we invited friends and family to a party and sprung a wedding on them. Whole thing was under $2000.
In the grand tradition of Jewish mothers, Susie had been planning my wedding since 8-6-71. So we just basically showed up.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
In the grand tradition of Jewish mothers, Susie had been planning my wedding since 8-6-71. So we just basically showed up.
And then you broke her heart by not finding a nice young doctor.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 10:45am
JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
And then you broke her heart by not finding a nice young doctor.
Nah...I was 33 when I got married. I think she knew that ship had sailed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 10:50am
Nah...I was 33 when I got married. I think she knew that ship had sailed.
How long had you and VH been together at that point?