NBA

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: NBA

Post by Flex »

Last night's game ruled.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

daredevil wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 11:59pm
I need more Cavs fans friends. My recent distaste for the Warriors is largely rooted in my dumbass facebook friends saying stupid shit on fb. Cavs fans are almost certainly dumber, but they don't inundate my social media the way Warriors fans do.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 10:49am
daredevil wrote:
I need more Cavs fans friends. My recent distaste for the Warriors is largely rooted in my dumbass facebook friends saying stupid shit on fb. Cavs fans are almost certainly dumber, but they don't inundate my social media the way Warriors fans do.
My how I've swung from liking the Warriors to despising them so. To me they represent the snotty tech douche America that plays with a stacked deck and acts like they overcame something. I went to a Warriors game in 1997 or so and the crowd was sparse and mostly black guys from Oakland. I see who they draw now and the Google shuttle bus must snake through douchebagville picking these lame asses up.

My team is better and always will be.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 12:29pm
matedog wrote:
daredevil wrote:
My how I've swung from liking the Warriors to despising them so. To me they represent the snotty tech douche America that plays with a stacked deck and acts like they overcame something. I went to a Warriors game in 1997 or so and the crowd was sparse and mostly black guys from Oakland. I see who they draw now and the Google shuttle bus must snake through douchebagville picking these lame asses up.

My team won a long time ago.
Your impression of the bay area is always amusing.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater

matedog wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 1:07pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
daredevil wrote:

I've been out there. I've spent maybe 3 month's of my life out there. I guess what I loved about the Bay when I first visited was the Bohemian atmosphere; the art, the weed, the proximity to the California countryside. The last two times I went I just felt it was suddenly full of phony and douchey little brats who, for reasons I cannot understand, were getting rich off of useless tech products that really didn't make any money. It's been a few years since I've been out there. Everyone I know moved to San Diego or Oakland.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 1:16pm
matedog wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 1:07pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote:
daredevil wrote:

I've been out there. I've spent maybe 3 month's of my life out there. I guess what I loved about the Bay when I first visited was the Bohemian atmosphere; the art, the weed, the proximity to the California countryside. The last two times I went I just felt it was suddenly full of phony and douchey little brats who, for reasons I cannot understand, were getting rich off of useless tech products that really didn't make any money. It's been a few years since I've been out there. Everyone I know moved to San Diego or Oakland.
Back in 06-12, before they got great, Warriors always had the loudest stadium in the NBA. Sure, they got a lot more bandwagon fans after becoming great, but that will happen in any city. EVEN BOSTON! Most of the die hard Warriors fans I know are like Filipino south city natives or my in laws. It's nothing special, just typical homerism. I just don't get exposure to nearly as many fans of other teams. To balance one obnoxiousness with another.

BostonBeaneater

Remember Stephan Marbury?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Welp...that Celtics season was good for about 5 minutes.

:twitch:

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater

Christmas sweater.
Attachments
5BFA635F-1AFB-425E-8982-EAB0C130FD7A.jpeg
5BFA635F-1AFB-425E-8982-EAB0C130FD7A.jpeg (1 MiB) Viewed 4658 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Dec 2017, 11:47pm
Christmas sweater.
Be sure to listen to the Dropkick Murphys when you wear that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 10:22am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Dec 2017, 11:47pm
Christmas sweater.
Be sure to listen to the Dropkick Murphys when you wear that.
It's microwoven into the garment to be beamed right into the wearer's skull.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft