Big Audio Dynamite Miami,Fl 7.30.95

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Big Audio Dynamite Miami,Fl 7.30.95

Post by bazarboy75 »

Hi all

A guy from the BAD facebook fan page share this link

Unseen footage
Enjoy

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Big Audio Dynamite Miami,Fl 7.30.95

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Rubbish sound - But great to watch Thank you for the heads up i really enjoyed that

http://www.megafileupload.com/hZ35/BadI ... .30.95.mp4

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Thx for the rip
I may try to fix the sound a bit soon
I'll let you know

ALF
Dirty Punk

Post by ALF »

Thanks!!
Great to see a video from the FPunk era!!

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Nice!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Filling in on that tour leg for Veruca Salt, opening for Live (!). Gary and Chris's last stint. Gary Kurfirst's plans going south.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Here it is the audio rip of the show

I tried the fix a bit the audio but the source is verey lame
But it's a bit better

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Filling in on that tour leg for Veruca Salt, opening for Live (!). Gary and Chris's last stint. Gary Kurfirst's plans going south.
Not the first time that happened, actually. BAD II also shared the bill with Live, Blind Melon (!) and Pil, in '92, as well, which was the last time that I saw them...

...and seeming confirmation of your second sentence, there, Teddy -- since they were doing a lot of these package-type tours by then. Though that situation could also be chalked up to the chill of a post-Nirvana world that made life difficult for so many Brit bands trying to find a foothold over here.
Rubbish sound - But great to watch Thank you for the heads up i really enjoyed that
True, it's not the greatest sound, but I downloaded it, anyway -- it's sharp, focused set, with a fair degree of jamming, and stellar versions of the F-Punk era stuff that they squeezed into that opening set...works for me.

There's lots of live recordings like that -- one of my fave examples Jimi Hendrix at U of Oklahoma (5/8/70). It's easily one of the worst recordings I've ever heard in my life, yet bristles with an intensity (including a one-of-a kind intro to Machine Gun that he never played again) and menace (same week as the Kent State student killings) that a better-sounding tape can't match.

Anyhow, nice to see a show from this era, and decidedly underrated edition of the band.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Thanks for this. I'm not sure I'd say that BAD II was involved in a "lot" of package tours. They did the one with U2 and Public Enemy, but who wouldn't? Then MTV wanted them to headline the 120 Minutes Tour and my sister was the promotor, so it seemed like a decent idea. The Live package in '95 was a last minute fill in, and they were touring F-Punk anyway, after Kurfirst's machinations to get them off Sony didnt turn out as expected (they planned to sign with Sire, but Seymour sold the company). Gary S. and Chris quit after that leg to form a band with Mark Gardener, which didn't come to anything.

Ironically, Nirvana was in discussions to do that MTV tour with BAD in '92 before they blew up. PiL was Kurfirst's idea to replace them, though he wasn't the one who went out and got them. In fact, he was shocked when John agreed to play support to Mick. What a palaver that was.

I don't disagree however with Ralph's assessment that things weren't going well for British bands here by '95. No wonder Kurfirst wanted the Clash to play Lollapalooza. They didn't want to though.

By the way, there's an excellent pro-shot video out there of this version of BAD in '95 with Roger playing The Joint in Las Vegas.

Machine Gun. What a great song!

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I still cant get over the fact that there is no appetite for a release of an official live album of the first BAD formation, I actually really like the only official one they have out at the moment but one of the original set up seems an important missing opportunity.

Surely if bands like Wedding Present can have a list of live albums as long as your arm there must be some kind of profit to made from them. It seems like Mick just doesn't seem to see its worth. ironically Don is meant to be the master of capturing early bands live performances.

Shame as it doesn't look like it will happen now.

But ... I bet if it did they would choose something like the Milton Keynes bowl recording which i was at and as good as it was the big open aired venues didn't suit there sound. The T&C Club, Brixton and other smaller indoor venues were the best and most exciting performances I have ever seen them do so we know they will definitely not be used. :mrgreen:

Knowing Bad's poor career decision choices will make me and the band miss out as usual.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

You're preaching to the choir. I'd turn a backflip for any new BAD release.
NoMoreHugh wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 3:55am
I still cant get over the fact that there is no appetite for a release of an official live album of the first BAD formation, I actually really like the only official one they have out at the moment but one of the original set up seems an important missing opportunity.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

All roads to vault and live releases go through Sony. It's not like Mick or Don can just decide to throw something out there. They did cross the line a couple of times later on, with the self-bootlegging of Ally Pally before Sony got wind and took it over, and the cyberleaking of Entering a New Ride, after Universal decided against releasing it. The 2011 reunion gig at the Forum would have made a good live album as well, though it never got past the rough mix stage.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 4:03am
The 2011 reunion gig at the Forum would have made a good live album as well, though it never got past the rough mix stage.
Tell Sony i can do it for free !
And i know a cool mastering man who own me one !

:mrgreen:

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 4:03am
All roads to vault and live releases go through Sony. It's not like Mick or Don can just decide to throw something out there. They did cross the line a couple of times later on, with the self-bootlegging of Ally Pally before Sony got wind and took it over, and the cyberleaking of Entering a New Ride, after Universal decided against releasing it. The 2011 reunion gig at the Forum would have made a good live album as well, though it never got past the rough mix stage.
So what is it with Sony that they are dead against it :meh: I cant believe that the band have absolutely no say over this at all ?

Ok so the Entering A New Ride was very cool but its live thats really missing here. The Ally Pally one could have been much better i was so lucky to get the original Vinyl of that one which i think came free (all but the p&p) and also limited to 2000 copies. But this is what i mean by bad career choices that album was purposely reduced to an inferior sound quality to make it more on par with the other endless bootlegs that were already available at that time. It sounds really poor in quality and didnt do anything for there reputation for those that never seen them before , so again to me a silly decision to do that. Was the warped pressing also to copy bootlegs inferior quality :mrgreen: although luckily it didnt jump the needle. It was a great idea and a kind offering to fans but just poorly finished.

You very kind post of the original sound just shows how good and what it should have sounded like - I thank you again for that recording TeddyB (if only the vinyl sounded like that) but that is of course is still the second version of the band.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Actually just remembered not only the cost of P&P but also the cost of an NME magazine to get the voucher to send off :mrgreen: