IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:42am
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:09am
Just started running early this year. Just hit the 5k landmark, which I can do in 30 mins. A lot of work to do, but I'm enjoying it a lot!

Anyone on Runkeeper can add me here:
https://runkeeper.com/user/threecoffins/
As I've said to Flex and others many times, I'm in awe of you runners. Do you have a target in mind, whether distance or rate?
I took it up because I have a beer gut and distance running is something I liked and had an aptitude for as a kid. I have a large reservoir of dogged determination (it hides in the spare tire), so it suits me well haha! I'd like to get comfy with a 10k over this year, and then maybe try some races next year.
Great that you're making the commitment. Hope you get your girlish figure back.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:02pm
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:42am
threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 10:09am
Just started running early this year. Just hit the 5k landmark, which I can do in 30 mins. A lot of work to do, but I'm enjoying it a lot!

Anyone on Runkeeper can add me here:
https://runkeeper.com/user/threecoffins/
As I've said to Flex and others many times, I'm in awe of you runners. Do you have a target in mind, whether distance or rate?
I took it up because I have a beer gut and distance running is something I liked and had an aptitude for as a kid. I have a large reservoir of dogged determination (it hides in the spare tire), so it suits me well haha! I'd like to get comfy with a 10k over this year, and then maybe try some races next year.
Great that you're making the commitment. Hope you get your girlish figure back.
Thanks for the support, Doc! It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 5:15pm
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I wish to withdraw my endorsement and switch to the draw-and-quarter position.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 6:11pm
threecoffins wrote:
It's also a great excuse to listen to cheeseball 80's anthems from Europe, Survivor, Loverboy etc.
I'm going to have to second this,. ;)

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

revbob wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 7:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
I would expect nothing less, gentlemen.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:50am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
You just want a chance to listen to all of the Canadian, um, greats.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 9:21am
threecoffins wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
You just want a chance to listen to all of the Canadian, um, greats.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 11:42am
One of my first concert experiences was Platinum Blonde, touring in support of their subsequent album. Worse was the Flashdance-esque torn sweatshirt that I bought from the merch table. :disshame:

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:12pm
Inder wrote:
One of my first concert experiences was Platinum Blonde, touring in support of their subsequent album. Worse was the Flashdance-esque torn sweatshirt that I bought from the merch table. :disshame:
I'm really bummed there isn't any photographic proof here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever worn anything more retroactively embarrassing in my life (which is really saying something). So, yeah, a white sweatshirt with sleeves torn off and the collar fashionably ripped open, and the band name on an embossed pink, I guess lipstick smear. But I wasn't alone—I'm gonna say a couple dozen people were wearing it at school the next day. Still, Jesus Christ …

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:28pm
threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 12:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever worn anything more retroactively embarrassing in my life (which is really saying something). So, yeah, a white sweatshirt with sleeves torn off and the collar fashionably ripped open, and the band name on an embossed pink, I guess lipstick smear. But I wasn't alone—I'm gonna say a couple dozen people were wearing it at school the next day. Still, Jesus Christ …
I have never heard of this brilliant band, but the fact that it has inspired this vision of beauty makes them, at least in my eyes, the greatest Canadian band ever.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 2:47pm
I have never heard of this brilliant band, but the fact that it has inspired this vision of beauty makes them, at least in my eyes, the greatest Canadian band ever.
My sister liked them because they wore extremely tight leather pants. They were probably the Canadian version of Duran Duran, tho I don't think they sniffed any success outside the Great White North.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 3:13pm
JennyB wrote:
My sister liked them because they wore extremely tight leather pants. They were probably the Canadian version of Duran Duran, tho I don't think they sniffed any success outside the Great White North.
They were no Glass Tiger!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 3:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 3:13pm
JennyB wrote:
They were no Glass Tiger!
Nor Honeymoon Suite. :yuck:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

threecoffins wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
Great way to lose weight, at least...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc