Acid reflux.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Acid reflux.

Post by Mimi »

Anyone suffering from this or GERD? What are you doing to make yourselves feel better?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Acid reflux.

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
16 May 2017, 8:55am
Anyone suffering from this or GERD? What are you doing to make yourselves feel better?
Sadly, whiskey has been killing me these days so I avoid it or only take little tastes. I get is from overly processed foods too. Getting old blows.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I take omnizparole (or however it's spelled) everyday and it does a good job. on the off chance it doesn't work 100%, I take TUMS.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 May 2017, 9:45am
Mimi wrote:
16 May 2017, 8:55am
Sadly, whiskey has been killing me these days so I avoid it or only take little tastes. I get is from overly processed foods too. Getting old blows.
Yes, it does. It seems like with every passing year a new ailment shows up. Golden years, my ass.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2017, 11:01am
I take omnizparole (or however it's spelled) everyday and it does a good job. on the off chance it doesn't work 100%, I take TUMS.
Is this a permanent thing? Because. :cry:

BostonBeaneater

Mimi wrote:
16 May 2017, 11:39am
JennyB wrote:
For a bad night after cheap sangria and a wet burrito I find Zantac to be pretty helpful.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yup.
Got a Rake? Sure!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2017, 3:40pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yup.
Need that's rough. I got it the other day after I ate something and didn't stop going on about it. I was lucky as I got some tablets from the chemist and it went.
Having said that I remember years ago I got something similar and it got to the point where I couldn't take a sip of water without pain. I went to the doctor and she gave me something which cured it almost instantly?? It wasn't straight forward acid reflux but another condition with same symptoms?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
16 May 2017, 4:18pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yup.
Need that's rough. I got it the other day after I ate something and didn't stop going on about it. I was lucky as I got some tablets from the chemist and it went.
Having said that I remember years ago I got something similar and it got to the point where I couldn't take a sip of water without pain. I went to the doctor and she gave me something which cured it almost instantly?? It wasn't straight forward acid reflux but another condition with same symptoms?
I evidently have a hiatal (sp) hernia that pushes acid into my esophagus. It can be corrected with surgery, but it's not necessary when there are meds available.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Tums works sometimes, but I often have to cut back on acidic foods for about a week. Not eating too late in the evening also helps, as well as sleeping at a bit of an angle.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My experience is that it can mostly be controlled through diet and lifestyle changes. Certain food and drink doesn't agree with me. I haven't had orange juice in about 20 years because of the effects it has on me. Other things that I may eat or drink close to bedtime can be a problem. Also I find sometimes if I've gained a few pounds (and I'm not heavy as those who have met me can attest) I get into a weight class where this is more of a problem and lastly sleeping position (sleeping on your left side) can also have an effect which also goes back to diet and weight too.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2017, 4:21pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 May 2017, 4:18pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yup.
I evidently have a hiatal (sp) hernia that pushes acid into my esophagus. It can be corrected with surgery, but it's not necessary when there are meds available.
That's awful. I'm not sure I'd even risk that kind of surgery. From what I read, it doesn't always work.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
16 May 2017, 4:55pm
My experience is that it can mostly be controlled through diet and lifestyle changes. Certain food and drink doesn't agree with me. I haven't had orange juice in about 20 years because of the effects it has on me. Other things that I may eat or drink close to bedtime can be a problem. Also I find sometimes if I've gained a few pounds (and I'm not heavy as those who have met me can attest) I get into a weight class where this is more of a problem and lastly sleeping position (sleeping on your left side) can also have an effect which also goes back to diet and weight too.
Same with the orange juice.

I've also taken to sleeping on an angle and not eating late, like Kory.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:

Keep talkin' Tubby.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
16 May 2017, 5:37pm
revbob wrote:
Same with the orange juice.

I've also taken to sleeping on an angle and not eating late, like Kory.
Oranges themselves also do it to me.