I have An Addiction

General music discussion.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: I have An Addiction

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 May 2017, 10:14am
Jethro Tull won the first Grammy for hard rock/metal, beating out Metallica and ACDC. Them Grammy voters, they know the kids and their crazy music.
They talked about that. Chrysalis told them that they wouldn't win (as they weren't a hard rock / metal band so they didn't go. They thought it was funny too when they won and admitted that they only won it because they hadn't won one before.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

matedog wrote:
03 May 2017, 9:53am
101Walterton wrote:
02 May 2017, 11:05pm
That's the thing, even if I hate the music I still find the docos fascinating.
I similarly enjoyed the Eagles doc.
Yep that was another good one. I've watched the Jeff Lynn one a couple times lately too.
Beach Boys and Shihad next up.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

The best Rock Doc....by far is the STILL unreleased MC5 A True Testimonial. Fantastic documentary, saw it when it was briefly out in the theatres and then got a boot copy of it. Amazing! Ramones End of the Century is good, I was a little disappointed by Lemmy and the Damned Don't you wish they were dead, made by the same person.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

This reminds me I must watch Arthur Kane's New York Doll doc again. Remember this having a huge effect on me when I saw it a few years ago and always pops immediately into my head when the subject of good music documentaries crops up.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 May 2017, 10:24pm
This reminds me I must watch Arthur Kane's New York Doll doc again. Remember this having a huge effect on me when I saw it a few years ago and always pops immediately into my head when the subject of good music documentaries crops up.
Yeah, very well done and very moving too, especially as it was directed/financed by Mormons. Who knew?
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Low Down Low wrote:
Hello,

This was an interesting story. The film gave the story a decent treatment. It wasn't very heavy handed in either direction.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

muppet hi fi wrote:
03 May 2017, 10:33pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah, very well done and very moving too, especially as it was directed/financed by Mormons. Who knew?
I'd either forgotten that or never knew it to begin with. I can't remember if it was a touch over-sentimental or not, but I definitely blubbered like a kid during parts of it and not ashamed to admit it!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'll second liking End of the Century. It's just cool to have these very charismatic - in very different ways - guys from the band sat down and chatting.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

coffeepotman wrote:
03 May 2017, 5:39pm
The best Rock Doc....by far is the STILL unreleased MC5 A True Testimonial. Fantastic documentary, saw it when it was briefly out in the theatres and then got a boot copy of it. Amazing! Ramones End of the Century is good, I was a little disappointed by Lemmy and the Damned Don't you wish they were dead, made by the same person.
Me and some friends went to see a special screening of Decline & Fall of Western Civ. and when we got there they were like, "The print never showed up, but if you want we will show this MC5 doc instead" The rest is history, becuase yes, that was the best roc doc I'd ever seen.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

You don't have to have ever even heard of the MC% and it will still be a fantastic doc. I turn people on to it all the time. I don't know what the legal hassles are, heard some shit about Brother Wayne wanting more money...I don't know but it should be out there for all to see.

If you haven't seen it I STRONGLY advise you to search out a boot copy, it will be worth your time

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I'm acquiring this now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 May 2017, 6:07pm
I'm acquiring this now.
Help a brudder out? I see it on TPB, but at 8GB that's a bit much.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2017, 7:02pm
revbob wrote:
I'm acquiring this now.
After an hour downloading it turns out to be NFG. I'll try another and let you know of I strike gold

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 May 2017, 7:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2017, 7:02pm
revbob wrote:
I'm acquiring this now.
After an hour downloading it turns out to be NFG. I'll try another and let you know of I strike gold
Merci bien.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

coffeepotman wrote:
05 May 2017, 11:11am
You don't have to have ever even heard of the MC% and it will still be a fantastic doc. I turn people on to it all the time. I don't know what the legal hassles are, heard some shit about Brother Wayne wanting more money...I don't know but it should be out there for all to see.

If you haven't seen it I STRONGLY advise you to search out a boot copy, it will be worth your time
Spotify regularly throws up an MC5 song for me from its algorithm. Killing Joke and Television are other regulars along with, bizarrely, House Martins and Adam and The Ants but only Stand and Deliver?? What's wrong with Ant Music, Dog Eat Dog, Car Trouble.