GOLF

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: GOLF

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:53pm
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:48pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:46pm
I played it occasionally as a teen with my dad. It's fun. It's also not a sport and definitely not a thing to give a shit about beyond having a walk and hitting things with sticks.
A good walk spoilt?
Did you know you can golf in combat boots if the club is fairly laid back?
I'm sure Mark Twain never wore combat boots.
And I can't afford a white seersucker suit and a string tie.
I remember getting hassled for golfing while wearing cargo shorts that came down almost to my knees. We're not on a team, I'm not wearing your uniform, mid-level manager guy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 2:23pm
The summer when I was 13 or 14, my parents got me a junior membership at the local golf course. My cousin did, too, so pretty much every morning we'd bike out and golf 18. I probably haven't gone more a couple dozen times since, and nothing in close to twenty years. I'd probably enjoy it if I went, but I can't justify the expense. Still, I don't get the proctological critique that goes on with regular golfers. The constant evaluation and effort to correct fault would be better applied toward improving their character.
This. It's a decent way to kill an afternoon if you bring a cooler and some beers and just want to go for a walk, but giving a damn about playing it well is a sign your life is garbage.
*wonders how to write that in a greeting card for her partner*

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:48pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:46pm
I played it occasionally as a teen with my dad. It's fun. It's also not a sport and definitely not a thing to give a shit about beyond having a walk and hitting things with sticks.
A good walk spoilt?
Did you know you can golf in combat boots if the club is fairly laid back?
I'm sure Mark Twain never wore combat boots.
I bet he would if he could have.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 8:11pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 7:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 2:23pm
The summer when I was 13 or 14, my parents got me a junior membership at the local golf course. My cousin did, too, so pretty much every morning we'd bike out and golf 18. I probably haven't gone more a couple dozen times since, and nothing in close to twenty years. I'd probably enjoy it if I went, but I can't justify the expense. Still, I don't get the proctological critique that goes on with regular golfers. The constant evaluation and effort to correct fault would be better applied toward improving their character.
This. It's a decent way to kill an afternoon if you bring a cooler and some beers and just want to go for a walk, but giving a damn about playing it well is a sign your life is garbage.
*wonders how to write that in a greeting card for her partner*
The cover reads: We Need To Talk.

The rest pretty much writes itself.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Like being a Freemason but with cardiovascular benefits.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 8:46pm
Like being a Freemason but with cardiovascular benefits.
Golfers control the real money supply and a secret order of assassins?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 11:29am
Gold sucks and is for shitheads.
I lean towards this.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm embarrassed to say that I play golf, as does VH, Jr. He enjoys it - he's not good at team sports and is excelling at it, and it makes him feel closer to my dad. I don't take it seriously and it's less punk than even my other hobby, needlepointing, but I enjoy it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 12:20am
I'm embarrassed to say that I play golf, as does VH, Jr. He enjoys it - he's not good at team sports and is excelling at it, and it makes him feel closer to my dad. I don't take it seriously and it's less punk than even my other hobby, needlepointing, but I enjoy it.
Fewer needles, at any rate.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
What progressive golf club do you go to that let's Jews in?

In all seriousness though it's cool that the two of you do something like that together.

I just get tired of hearing grow men gush about golf. And then there's all the made up bullshit elitism that goes with it. Seriously a dress code to hit a fucking ball around?

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Ain't no shame. :kiss:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 9:19am
JennyB wrote:

In all seriousness though it's cool that the two of you do something like that together.

I just get tired of hearing grow men gush about golf. And then there's all the made up bullshit elitism that goes with it. Seriously a dress code to hit a fucking ball around?
Yep they spend all day playing a round of golf then afterwards they want to talk you through every shot!!! The only more annoying thing is blokes who practise their golf swing with an imaginary club.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 9:19am
JennyB wrote:

Public courses! Municipal courses all the way!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy