Question for Heston

General music discussion.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Question for Heston

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 6:14pm
New track "Land of Opportunity" just uploaded to youTube...

Also, four brand new tracks to download for free on our Soundcloud page...

Pro!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

No obvious kiss influence. .. well done.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 8:09pm
Great, great stuff, Hes. You guys are so fucking good, and as Marky says, just go from strength to strength. Why you guys aren't on a mid-sized indie type label and getting a little airplay and maybe some extra dosh is beyond me. (I know - real lives and all, but still...).
Cheers man.
revbob wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 10:35pm
No obvious kiss influence. .. well done.
:mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Great stuff, Heston! It's comforting to know that you aren't influenced by your favorite bands KISS and Starship. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dearest Heston,

Somehow, despite your terrible taste in music, you continue to actually create fantastic music. Go figure.

Love,
Flex
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 12:13pm
Dearest Heston,

Somehow, despite your terrible taste in music, you continue to actually create fantastic music. Go figure.

Love,
Flex
It's like the conundrum of Reagan being a genuinely decent person yet promoting horrible policy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Cheers folks, I'm keeping my KISS influences for my solo album, which will have a cover modelled on the KISS solo alums. Keeping in with the colour scheme, it will be issued in brown vinyl.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 4:42pm
Cheers folks, I'm keeping my KISS influences for my solo album, which will have a cover modelled on the KISS solo alums. Keeping in with the colour scheme, it will be issued in brown vinyl.
Now I want a photo of you in KISS makeup. I. Want. This!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 5:09pm
Heston wrote:
But which character would he be? This could be the most telling reveal yet??

And while I'm not outright disputing your Reagan comment, I am curious how you came about to that. My memories don't jive with this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 8:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
The Geordie, whose make-up would be a tin of some kind.
And while I'm not outright disputing your Reagan comment, I am curious how you came about to that. My memories don't jive with this.
Biographies and other histories are pretty consistent that he was a genuine guy who was a sucker for a hard luck story, especially people who'd come on hard times after a career in Hollywood. Yet his policies ensured more hard luck for people. He and Nancy also had a number of gay friends in the acting community. Rock Hudson is a good example of that division. They were friends with him and his homosexuality was an open secret in Hollywood, but when he went public with his AIDS diagnosis, they cut him off because of the politics involved. He was a genuine optimist who identified with a political movement that had a very jaundiced view of humanity. He was a moral coward as far I'm concerned, but nevertheless his warmth for people was genuine.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
Or all four guys in the Panic Report could record solo albums and release them at the same time!
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 8:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I'd be the budgie.

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 11:24pm
Heston wrote:
Or all four guys in the Panic Report could record solo albums and release them at the same time!
Wow, I think I'm on Fantasy Island. The hilarity that would ensue....

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 2:00am
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
...and you'd have the best single track of all of them with "Back In the Sunderland Groove".
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 2:22am
Heston wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 2:00am
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
...and you'd have the best single track of all of them with "Back In the Sunderland Groove".
Back in Byker Grove more like.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia