Recutting the Crap: 2017 Record Store Day Exclusive

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Recutting the Crap: 2017 Record Store Day Exclusive

Post by JennyB »

How ironic that a band named Too Much Joy is covering WATC.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Backwoods Drive and Galleani? I'm curious as to how they sorted out the lyrics on those. I guess I could say that for the regular album tracks too...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 6:13am
Nobody had the chops to handle "Dictator," confirming its status as the Everest of the Clash catalogue.
I'll always go to bat for Matey's Dictator.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog

Post by matedog »

Vimmattu wrote:
12 Mar 2017, 11:27pm
I am afraid it is not us. :cry:

The album back cover with the track list from Crooked Beat Records facebook page.
This is the band that covered North and South :huh:

I tried to research any of the bands on the list, but they appear about as accomplished as those on the IMCT tribute.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Can't wait for these guys to cover Dirty Punk:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm getting the feeling that this cover album might be pretty shitty. Full credit, then, for being a proper tribute.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I notice this release is specified as a "Vol 1" which seems to assume a healthily positive reaction and much anticipated follow up. Channelling the optimistic, go get 'em spirit of Bernie right there I guess.

Seriously though, I've no problem with those who believe the post-Mick Clash got too much short shrift but insisting CtC is worthy to sit next to LC and S! is a bigger load of crap than the album itself in my opinion. In any sense, apart from sheer fun-loving parody, it clearly isn't.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I'm looking forward to hearing it. 😎

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I say somebody purchases this and we have a listening party.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 2:50pm
I said at the start that Flex's connection to his local record shop hopefully means he can get one and it can be the listening party material for EET Week.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 2:53pm
Heston wrote:
I said at the start that Flex's connection to his local record shop hopefully means he can get one and it can be the listening party material for EET Week.
I'm hoping one of the Amoeba's near me gets one. I can't wait to tell people in line with me what I'm waiting for.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 3:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I'm hoping one of the Amoeba's near me gets one. I can't wait to tell people in line with me what I'm waiting for.
The "who farted?" faces should be epic.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 3:47pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
"I'm really just curious to see how it compares to the fan tribute album I contributed to back in 2012. "

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 3:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2017, 3:47pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
"I'm really just curious to see how it compares to the fan tribute album I contributed to back in 2012. "
Will the snickering out-number the guffawing?

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Looks like this is pretty limited and will be difficult to get in store.

I wonder if Amoeba will carry it...I'll wait for the official stock list.