B.A.D. Observations Thread

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: B.A.D. Observations Thread

Post by Heston »

Typical...release a live album from the worst phase of their career. A live album from the original line up or the reunion would have been much more welcome.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 8:40am
Typical...release a live album from the worst phase of their career. A live album from the original line up or the reunion would have been much more welcome.
Face facts: Mick hates every single fan he's ever had. From the day he was born he's been plotting to betray us all.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

It occurred to me the other day, that a period of time roughly equal to that in which BAD 2 were in existence, has passed since the BAD reunion.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 9:15am
Heston wrote:
Face facts: Mick hates every single fan he's ever had. From the day he was born he's been plotting to betray us all.
Worra Bastid

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
I'm not sure how much of a say B.A.D. (II) had in that release if any. It just appeared a few years back with no fanfare and as mentioned just a direct copy of the previously issued DVD/Video. The CD packging had little to no effort in it's artwork and I remember Wolter remarking the cover stated "Big Audio Dynamite 11" instead of "II". I doubt Mick had any hand in this release. It's on the Retroworld label and I've never heard of it before.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

The DVD, while good to have, is not very exciting. I've seen them plenty of times this video is not very representative. The audio is good but nothing compared to the 2 shows that TB shared a while ago.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Feb 2017, 1:11pm
I remember Wolter remarking the cover stated "Big Audio Dynamite 11" instead of "II".
Actually, that was me. Heheh.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
14 Feb 2017, 11:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Feb 2017, 1:11pm
I remember Wolter remarking the cover stated "Big Audio Dynamite 11" instead of "II".
Actually, that was me. Heheh.
My BAD. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Don't knock Big Audio Dynamite 11. There are certainly people on here who'd have kept the faith.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
15 Feb 2017, 12:09pm
Don't knock Big Audio Dynamite 11. There are certainly people on here who'd have kept the faith.
The 12 were better. Shame they stopped at 13.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
15 Feb 2017, 12:09pm
Well, there was Big Audio Dynamite 2011. ;)

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Been listening through Tighten Up again (Marky's mix of course), and just what a great album. I say it so much but really, its my favorite BAD album. I would've loved to have heard more from this 88 tour as well. St. Georges and the Assembly Rooms shows are maybe two of the best BAD shows I've heard. I also rewatched an interview with Mick yesterday from 88 and he was talking about how they had plans to tour all around Europe and do this whole tour based around France and all that. I actually got a little mad thinking about this, just because of how sad it was he got sick so soon into the tour. I'm sure those Europe gigs would've been amazing.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:
17 Feb 2017, 1:54pm
Been listening through Tighten Up again (Marky's mix of course), and just what a great album. I say it so much but really, its my favorite BAD album. I would've loved to have heard more from this 88 tour as well. St. Georges and the Assembly Rooms shows are maybe two of the best BAD shows I've heard. I also rewatched an interview with Mick yesterday from 88 and he was talking about how they had plans to tour all around Europe and do this whole tour based around France and all that. I actually got a little mad thinking about this, just because of how sad it was he got sick so soon into the tour. I'm sure those Europe gigs would've been amazing.
I remember when Mick got ill. My friend Roy and I were planning on seeing BAD at the T&C Club (my fave venue at the time). Roy came into work and told me he had just heard that Mick had died. I couldn't believe it thank fuck the rumour was wrong and Mick survived the pneumonia virus.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

River wrote:
It was not only sad that those dates never happened, but also that the band split so soon aftet Mick's recovery.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Feb 2017, 6:01pm
River wrote:
I remember when Mick got ill. My friend Roy and I were planning on seeing BAD at the T&C Club (my fave venue at the time). Roy came into work and told me he had just heard that Mick had died. I couldn't believe it thank fuck the rumour was wrong and Mick survived the pneumonia virus.
Damn, it must've been crushing to hear, rumor or not. It makes sense sadly of that going around, considering just how actually close he was to dying.

I know its been talked about too, but the fact that he was able to pull off what he did with reunion tour vocal wise was amazing. I never thought he would be able to sing stuff like V Thirteen or E=MC2 (higher octave) again. He sounded really damn good on that whole tour.