Oh, SC...

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

“He’s a human being,” his attorney, Stephen Harris, said at the bail hearing Monday. “He freaked out and thought he was going to prison, so he tried to hide the bodies. Nobody knows how you’re going to react when you kill two people.”

Well, when you put it that way...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
“He’s a human being,” his attorney, Stephen Harris, said at the bail hearing Monday. “He freaked out and thought he was going to prison, so he tried to hide the bodies. Nobody knows how you’re going to react when you kill two people.”

Well, when you put it that way...
William Faulkner rewrites Dostoyevsky.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's a neat new defense for any first-time awful. Hey, can't really blame Truman—you never really know what to make the first time you order a city incinerated by an atomic bomb. Can't get too upset with Stalin—no one had ever tried forced collectivization on that scale, so the tens of millions of people who perished are just bad luck. Bush and Cheney had no idea what kind of shitshow they were unleashing in the Middle East, so cut them some slack.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

New Yorker tries too hard to acculturate: http://gawker.com/barber-allegedly-pull ... 1776153128

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

(double post)
Last edited by Rat Patrol on 26 Jul 2016, 12:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/201 ... -salvation

You can have your mint juleps; Sherman's got himself a Dunkies drive-thru window. :naughty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/201 ... -salvation

You can have your mint juleps; Sherman's got himself a Dunkies drive-thru window. :naughty:
"Private Hoy, here's your strawberry mocha frappacino, with non-dairy whipped cream. Now do your duty!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2017, 7:43am
Yale to Wolter: Drop Dead
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yal ... 0?tiall3di&
I like the move of honoring a Troop, thus putting the anti PC crowd in a tough spot of having to condemn a Troop Honoring in order to scold snowflakes for recognizing the obvious fact that Calhoun was a piece of a shit.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Feb 2017, 12:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2017, 7:43am
Yale to Wolter: Drop Dead
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yal ... 0?tiall3di&
I like the move of honoring a Troop, thus putting the anti PC crowd in a tough spot of having to condemn a Troop Honoring in order to scold snowflakes for recognizing the obvious fact that Calhoun was a piece of a shit.
I disagree about the tough spot. Being conservative means being angry as fuck at everything, all the time. Figuring out why is a minor post hoc thing.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2017, 1:12pm
I disagree about the tough spot. Being conservative means being angry as fuck at everything, all the time. Figuring out why is a minor post hoc thing.
I've already called a Facebook "friend" complaining about this a troop-hater this morning which made him explosively angry to the point of incoherence. It was great.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Feb 2017, 1:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Feb 2017, 1:12pm
I've already called a Facebook "friend" complaining about this a troop-hater this morning which made him explosively angry to the point of incoherence. It was great.
It's gonna take buying a lot of flags and yellow ribbon car magnets to calm himself.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How the fuck has Wolter not talked about this before?
http://jezebel.com/beware-the-lizard-man-1797951156