How did I not know there was an official Strummer - Pogues live album

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

How did I not know there was an official Strummer - Pogues live album

Post by revbob »

...Or is my memory going on me? Either way I don't have it and can seemingly only find it on vinyl which I really don't have the ability to play.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: How did I not know there was an official Strummer - Pogues live album

Post by laxman »

I think it was a Recordstore Day release on vinyl. It is out on CD too but in a box set ("30 Years"). I don't think it has been released on CD separately.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

laxman wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 12:45pm
I think it was a Recordstore Day release on vinyl. It is out on CD too but in a box set ("30 Years"). I don't think it has been released on CD separately.
Thanks laxman and thanks Doc who hooked me up with a copy. I like it but wish there were more songs from RRFM and RSL or even PIM.

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

Is there any chance someone could upload a copy of this. I am also a big Pogues fan but already had all the other albums in the box so couldn't really justify the cost just for the live album. Many thanks to anyone who could help.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
30 Jan 2017, 7:17am
Is there any chance someone could upload a copy of this. I am also a big Pogues fan but already had all the other albums in the box so couldn't really justify the cost just for the live album. Many thanks to anyone who could help.
I'll say that the remixed Red Roses for Me and, in particular, Peace and Love, are superior to the previohs versions.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Jan 2017, 7:39am
AudioAmmunition wrote:
I'll say that the remixed Red Roses for Me and, in particular, Peace and Love, are superior to the previohs versions.
I haven't bought that box set yet but I am tempted now!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I've spent the last 8 years trying to comprehend that Wire had a new record. :shifty:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
30 Jan 2017, 3:40pm
I've spent the last 8 years trying to comprehend that Wire had a new record. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
30 Jan 2017, 3:24pm
Silent Majority wrote:
AudioAmmunition wrote:
Don't buy it. Get the individual CD's as other than getting the live Joe/Pogues disc all the albums contain no extras.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Jan 2017, 11:44pm
laxman wrote:
30 Jan 2017, 3:24pm
Silent Majority wrote:
AudioAmmunition wrote:
Don't buy it. Get the individual CD's as other than getting the live Joe/Pogues disc all the albums contain no extras.

My approach exactly Marky, I never generally buy re-issues unless there's extra material on them. I have the other Pogues box set - 'Look Them Straight In The Eye' which is a good collection with lots of otherwise unavailable stuff on it.

Unfortunately cannot find the Pogues / Joe live album on sale individually anywhere (except on vinyl), the download sites sell some of the tracks individually from the 30 years set but not the live tracks.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I agree with Maj, the box is box is worth it for the remixed Red Roses and Peace and Love. Both serious upgrades.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
01 Feb 2017, 9:14am
I agree with Maj, the box is box is worth it for the remixed Red Roses and Peace and Love. Both serious upgrades.
Red Roses is not a serious upgrade to my ears just a little subtler while Pece and Love was remixed by Steve Lilliwhite and has Shane further up in the mix.

I never minded the original RRfM.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Feb 2017, 7:28pm
Heston wrote:
Red Roses is not a serious upgrade to my ears just a little subtler while Pece and Love was remixed by Steve Lilliwhite and has Shane further up in the mix.

I tend to agree with this statement, its a grest album. I have the original vinyl release and later bought it on CD for a few bucks while traveling back in the late 90s.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
02 Feb 2017, 11:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I tend to agree with this statement, its a grest album. I have the original vinyl release and later bought it on CD for a few bucks while traveling back in the late 90s.
Have to disagree. It's a great collection of songs but sounded like shit. Just listening to Streams of Whiskey on the remix, you can hear stuff that was inaudible on the original release, especially the rumble of the drums.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
03 Feb 2017, 5:22am
revbob wrote:
02 Feb 2017, 11:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Have to disagree. It's a great collection of songs but sounded like shit. Just listening to Streams of Whiskey on the remix, you can hear stuff that was inaudible on the original release, especially the rumble of the drums.
I wasn't even sure there were traditional drums on that song til the remix. Could have been a beer tray getting clapped before.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/