Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I met RevBob for beers tonight. I learned that Vermont is a real state in the Union with Senators and everything. Good times.

You mean...the last episode of Newhart wasn't a dream after all??? :scared:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I met RevBob for beers tonight. I learned that Vermont is a real state in the Union with Senators and everything. Good times.
Yeah meeting BBE in his adopted home town/ enemy territory was a real treat. I was hoping he'd be wearing a squirrel skin hat and have his pellet gun so we could hunt squirrels in Central Park but alas it was not meant to be. Thanks a lot Obama.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

That those warnings about the sharp edges on the inner panels of the dryer are worth heeding. I barely escaped needing stitches, I got two long cuts across the inside of my hand. Yeah should have learned after the first slice, but definitely got the message after the second cut.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:That those warnings about the sharp edges on the inner panels of the dryer are worth heeding. I barely escaped needing stitches, I got two long cuts across the inside of my hand. Yeah should have learned after the first slice, but definitely got the message after the second cut.
Yikes. I've never seen any warnings—just looked at ours and didn't see any—but glad you're not seriously damaged.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:That those warnings about the sharp edges on the inner panels of the dryer are worth heeding. I barely escaped needing stitches, I got two long cuts across the inside of my hand. Yeah should have learned after the first slice, but definitely got the message after the second cut.
Yikes. I've never seen any warnings—just looked at ours and didn't see any—but glad you're not seriously damaged.
Thanks.

None on the machine itself but if you ever take one apart have gloves. It was mentioned in some printed instructions for taking the damn thing apart.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Thanks.

None on the machine itself but if you ever take one apart have gloves. It was mentioned in some printed instructions for taking the damn thing apart.
Ah, I see. I can see where there'd be plenty of sharp metal edges inside.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Imelda Marcos is not only alive, but she was elected to a third term in the Philippines Senate this year. I woulda bet Inder's broken heart that she had died a good fifteen years ago.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:… Imelda Marcos is not only alive, but she was elected to a third term in the Philippines Senate this year. I woulda bet Inder's broken heart that she had died a good fifteen years ago.
Holy shit. Same here.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:… Imelda Marcos is not only alive, but she was elected to a third term in the Philippines Senate this year. I woulda bet Inder's broken heart that she had died a good fifteen years ago.
Fuck how many shoes does she own now. :scared:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

She was always a shoe in for a third term.
I thought she died the same year Eddie The Eagle flew, back in the 1970's.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

First, that Jackson Browne stills tours (I found this out from my Dime a Dozen feed)
Second, subsequent curiosity/research shows that he stills releases albums

… who the fuck buys his albums and goes to his shows? No, really, I wanna know …

Third, Jackson is his middle name. His first name is Clyde.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 8:26pm
First, that Jackson Browne stills tours (I found this out from my Dime a Dozen feed)

… who the fuck buys his albums and goes to his shows? No, really, I wanna know …
His fans like going to Browne Towne*

*That means buttfucking.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 8:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 8:26pm

His fans like going to Browne Towne*

*That means buttfucking.
I refuse to believe that Jackson Browne fans walk the old dirt road.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 8:34pm
I refuse to believe that Jackson Browne fans walk the old dirt road.
You tell me.

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.