I miss Doc.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: I miss Doc.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 2:21pm
revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 2:10pm
Have y ou also developed a fondness for KISS?
The alpha and the omega, the glory and the dream.
Welcome back hopefully you will still have some of that classic piss n vinegar you're known for.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 3:42pm
Welcome back hopefully you will still have some of that classic piss n vinegar you're known for.
Thanks, but I hope to curtail that side of me. I won't go into details, but my vacation from here has been spent reading and thinking about Left cynicism and its own contributions to fascism's recent successes in the US and Europe (that is, the blame isn't just on liberals). Both intellectually and emotionally, I've come to realize that all that snark isn't productive and has pretty limited therapeutic value. It doesn't mean refraining from criticism, but accepting that those of us on the Left need to turn it on ourselves, too.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 4:25pm
revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 3:42pm
Thanks, but I hope to curtail that side of me. I won't go into details, but my vacation from here has been spent reading and thinking about Left cynicism and its own contributions to fascism's recent successes in the US and Europe (that is, the blame isn't just on liberals). Both intellectually and emotionally, I've come to realize that all that snark isn't productive and has pretty limited therapeutic value. It doesn't mean refraining from criticism, but accepting that those of us on the Left need to turn it on ourselves, too.
Bullshit, snark is king!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 4:52pm
Bullshit, snark is king!
You're Irish, tho. You're battling genetics.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 5:14pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 4:52pm
Bullshit, snark is king!
You're Irish, tho. You're battling genetics.
And alcoholism.