David Crosby
88%

Total votes: 16

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: A poll

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:And yeah. I can name literally 4 of their songs: Touch of Grey, because it was on MTV and actually has a hook (Dead fans hate it), Casey Jones (of which I only know the first line "Riding That Train, High On Cocaine"), Truckin', because not even Dwight Yoakum could turn it into a cover song I gave a damn about, and Scarlet Begonias, because my ex-roommate really liked the Sublime cover of it in 1996.
So much this. That Sublime cover is tasty too. There is a song called "Dark Star." I have no idea what it sounds like but I know it is a song. So, I've seen them live, I read the drummer's autobiography (given to me because, "he's a drummer, you're a drummer"), and my siblings owned their cds and I still only know five songs and only know what two of those songs really sound like (Grey and Case Jones).

One of the inspectors in my company is a big deadhead and an actual hippie. Grows pot and lives in the mountains. Great guy and definitely the stereotypical deadhead. My mom would fit the pseudo deadhead description discussed earlier. I've probably mentioned this before, but she used to wear a GD shirt around the house in the early 90's. I prodded her a few years ago about that saying she was probably one of the yuppies turned onto them because of Touch of Grey. She finally caved in and said she saw them in a private box and was bored out of her mind during the show.
I think I recall talking to you before about how we were at the same GD show in DC. I got dragged there by one of my hippie college friends. I wore a Dead Kennedys t-shirt and I got comments ranging from bemused to downright hostile. Anyway, her tickets were on the field and I laid down and slept the whole time, because there was plenty of room to do so in the back.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:And yeah. I can name literally 4 of their songs: Touch of Grey, because it was on MTV and actually has a hook (Dead fans hate it), Casey Jones (of which I only know the first line "Riding That Train, High On Cocaine"), Truckin', because not even Dwight Yoakum could turn it into a cover song I gave a damn about, and Scarlet Begonias, because my ex-roommate really liked the Sublime cover of it in 1996.
So much this. That Sublime cover is tasty too. There is a song called "Dark Star." I have no idea what it sounds like but I know it is a song. So, I've seen them live, I read the drummer's autobiography (given to me because, "he's a drummer, you're a drummer"), and my siblings owned their cds and I still only know five songs and only know what two of those songs really sound like (Grey and Case Jones).

One of the inspectors in my company is a big deadhead and an actual hippie. Grows pot and lives in the mountains. Great guy and definitely the stereotypical deadhead. My mom would fit the pseudo deadhead description discussed earlier. I've probably mentioned this before, but she used to wear a GD shirt around the house in the early 90's. I prodded her a few years ago about that saying she was probably one of the yuppies turned onto them because of Touch of Grey. She finally caved in and said she saw them in a private box and was bored out of her mind during the show.
I think I recall talking to you before about how we were at the same GD show in DC. I got dragged there by one of my hippie college friends. I wore a Dead Kennedys t-shirt and I got comments ranging from bemused to downright hostile. Anyway, her tickets were on the field and I laid down and slept the whole time, because there was plenty of room to do so in the back.
Sting opened. He played his then current single "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You."

My sister and I just complained about the pot smoke and that we had a hard time breathing. We forced our parents to leave early, though they probably didn't really want to be there.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:

And I thought the punks were supposed to be the hostile ones.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote: I think I recall talking to you before about how we were at the same GD show in DC. I got dragged there by one of my hippie college friends. I wore a Dead Kennedys t-shirt and I got comments ranging from bemused to downright hostile. Anyway, her tickets were on the field and I laid down and slept the whole time, because there was plenty of room to do so in the back.
Best GD show story ever.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:

Some of the most angry and hostile people I have ever met are deadheads.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote: I think I recall talking to you before about how we were at the same GD show in DC. I got dragged there by one of my hippie college friends. I wore a Dead Kennedys t-shirt and I got comments ranging from bemused to downright hostile. Anyway, her tickets were on the field and I laid down and slept the whole time, because there was plenty of room to do so in the back.
Best GD show story ever.
It's really the only good way to see them.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:

Some of the most angry and hostile people I have ever met are deadheads.
It's all the repressed regret from having to follow that band.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

pachyderm
Dirty Punk

Post by pachyderm »

crosby is such a fucking tool though.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

pachyderm wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 7:49am
Yeah. This was really a "there are no winners" poll.
Got a Rake? Sure!

pachyderm
Dirty Punk

Post by pachyderm »

JennyB wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 9:43am
pachyderm wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 7:49am
Yeah. This was really a "there are no winners" poll.
lol.

yup