Scorsese to do Ramones bio-pic

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Scorsese to do Ramones bio-pic

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:Is he going to do a 20 minute one take scene following Dee Dee around CBGB and then getting a blow job? Because I wouldn't mind that. :shifty:
I was going to say...has anything ever happened to them that warrants a cinematic retelling?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:Is he going to do a 20 minute one take scene following Dee Dee around CBGB and then getting a blow job? Because I wouldn't mind that. :shifty:
I was going to say...has anything ever happened to them that warrants a cinematic retelling?
What I know about their arc doesn't seem to lend itself to that kind of storytelling. "They didn't really talk or hang out together after about 1981, then they stopped touring and everyone died."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
What I know about their arc doesn't seem to lend itself to that kind of storytelling. "They didn't really talk or hang out together after about 1981, then they stopped touring and everyone died."

Didn't Rock n Roll High School cover it all?

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:

School principle: "You students - you're all in big trouble. What are your names?"

Johnny Ramone: "We'ah not students, mistah. We'ah Ramones."
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:

Pet Sematary did for sure.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yeah, I imagine most biopics are unnecessary. People don't live their lives like they're in a movie—why would a movie that's not mostly fictional be any more interesting than just following around one of your friends for their whole life?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yeah, I imagine most biopics are unnecessary. People don't live their lives like they're in a movie—why would a movie that's not mostly fictional be any more interesting than just following around one of your friends for their whole life?
Generally speaking, biopics either have to amp up the fiction or limit their scope to a very short period of time, or they're just gonna be dull.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
I've lived my whole life like I was in a movie. Fuck they even made a movie about it called "The Truman Show".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
I've lived my whole life like I was in a movie. Fuck they even made a movie about it called "The Truman Show".
Shame on you, keeping that baby inside that fake world for all those years.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
Shame on you, keeping that baby inside that fake world for all those years.
I would be very happy keeping that baby inside the fake world for all those years. The real world is disappearing up it's own Trump hole.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia