Two Tone Singles

General music discussion.
101Walterton
The Best

Two Tone Singles

Post by 101Walterton »

So my next project is to complete the Two Tone Records discogrpahy. Not an easy (or cheap) but it will give me something to do and will feed my OCD habit.
I have completed an audit of my record collection and discovered several missing from the collection I previously had so the task is even bigger than I thought. I am starting with the 7" singles and my first port of call is here. Does anyone have any Two Tone singles hidden away in a box in the attic gathering dust?
Happy to buy / trade whatever is out there????

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Two Tone Singles

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:So my next project is to complete the Two Tone Records discogrpahy. Not an easy (or cheap) but it will give me something to do and will feed my OCD habit.
I have completed an audit of my record collection and discovered several missing from the collection I previously had so the task is even bigger than I thought. I am starting with the 7" singles and my first port of call is here. Does anyone have any Two Tone singles hidden away in a box in the attic gathering dust?
I'll check to see if I have any left. I sold off a lot of vinyl earlier this year. I sold some two tone singles but can't remember what is left in the boxes there are around 400-500 singles left. If I have any I'll send you them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:So my next project is to complete the Two Tone Records discogrpahy. Not an easy (or cheap) but it will give me something to do and will feed my OCD habit.
I'll check to see if I have any left. I sold off a lot of vinyl earlier this year. I sold some two tone singles but can't remember what is left in the boxes there are around 400-500 singles left. If I have any I'll send you them.
Cheers Marky, happy to pay market value (unless you have the EC single which might be out of my pay scale :)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

OK here's what I found in the Dread 7'' boxes.

2 Tone singles:
1. A. Nelson Mandela B. Break Down The Door - The Special AKA : Picture cover with gold plastic injection 2 Tone label CHSTT 26.
2. 2 Tone EP : A1. Gangsters - The Special AKA A2. The Prince - Madness
B1. On My Radio - The Selecter B2. Tears Of A Clown - The Beat : 2 Tone Walt Jabsco sleeve with 2 Tone paper label CHS TT31.
3. A. A Message To You Rudy - The Specials featuring Rico B. Nite Klub - The Specials featuring Rico : 2 Tone Walt Jabsco sleeve with silver plastic Two Tone label CHS TT5.
4. A. Gangsters - The Special AKA B. The Selecter - The Selecter : Printed picture sleeve (as below) with 2 Tone paper label T 11 /T 12.

Other stuff of interest maybe :

The Beat singles:
A. Hands Off...She's Mine B. Twist And Crawl : Full Go Feet sleeve with paper Go Feet label Feet 1.
A. Mirror In The Bathroom B. Jackpot : Die cut Go Feet sleeve with paper Go Feet label Feet 2.
A. Too Nice To Talk To B.Psychedelic Rockers : Die Cut Go Feet sleeve with plastic injection Go Feet label Feet 4.

Madness:
The Dangermen Sessions A. Shame & Scandal B. Shame & Scandal (Dub) : Picture sleeve with Live & Intensified paper label.

Fun Boy Three:
Record One - A. Our Lips Are Sealed B. Our Lips Are Sealed (Urdu version) Record Two - A. We're All Having Fun (Old Grey Whistle Test Live) B. Going Home (Old Grey Whistle Test Live) : Gatefold picture sleeve with plastic injection labels FUNB 1.

A. Starvation - UB0O/Madness/Specials/General Public/Dick Cuthel/Annie Whited/Afrodiziak/Gasper Lawal
AA. Tam-Tam Pour L'ethiopie - Manu Dibango/M'bamina/King Sunny Ade/Slif Keita/Tour Kunda/Mory Kante/Ghetto Blaster/Souzy Kasseeya/Ray Lema : Picture sleeve with paper Zarjazz label Jazz 9.

Prince Buster:
A. Al Capone B. One Step Beyond : Plain sleeve with green Blue Beat label BB324.

All yours if you want them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:OK here's what I found in the Dread 7'' boxes.

2 Tone singles:
1. A. Nelson Mandela B. Break Down The Door - The Special AKA : Picture cover with gold plastic injection 2 Tone label CHSTT 26.
B1. On My Radio - The Selecter B2. Tears Of A Clown - The Beat : 2 Tone Walt Jabsco sleeve with 2 Tone paper label CHS TT31.
3. A. A Message To You Rudy - The Specials featuring Rico B. Nite Klub - The Specials featuring Rico : 2 Tone Walt Jabsco sleeve with silver plastic Two Tone label CHS TT5.
4. A. Gangsters - The Special AKA B. The Selecter - The Selecter : Printed picture sleeve (as below) with 2 Tone paper label T 11 /T 12.

The Beat singles:
A. Hands Off...She's Mine B. Twist And Crawl : Full Go Feet sleeve with paper Go Feet label Feet 1.
A. Mirror In The Bathroom B. Jackpot : Die cut Go Feet sleeve with paper Go Feet label Feet 2.
A. Too Nice To Talk To B.Psychedelic Rockers : Die Cut Go Feet sleeve with plastic injection Go Feet label Feet 4.

Madness:
The Dangermen Sessions A. Shame & Scandal B. Shame & Scandal (Dub) : Picture sleeve with Live & Intensified paper label.

Fun Boy Three:
Record One - A. Our Lips Are Sealed B. Our Lips Are Sealed (Urdu version) Record Two - A. We're All Having Fun (Old Grey Whistle Test Live) B. Going Home (Old Grey Whistle Test Live) : Gatefold picture sleeve with plastic injection labels FUNB 1.

A. Starvation - UB0O/Madness/Specials/General Public/Dick Cuthel/Annie Whited/Afrodiziak/Gasper Lawal
AA. Tam-Tam Pour L'ethiopie - Manu Dibango/M'bamina/King Sunny Ade/Slif Keita/Tour Kunda/Mory Kante/Ghetto Blaster/Souzy Kasseeya/Ray Lema : Picture sleeve with paper Zarjazz label Jazz 9.

Prince Buster:
A. Al Capone B. One Step Beyond : Plain sleeve with green Blue Beat label BB324.

Keepers Marky that is a treasure trove!!! I have a few of those but there are definately some wants on that list. I will cross reference my list. I could arrange my big sis to pick up / pay you :)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:OK here's what I found in the Dread 7'' boxes.

2 Tone singles:

The Beat singles:

Madness:

Fun Boy Three:

Prince Buster:

Keepers Marky that is a treasure trove!!! I have a few of those but there are definately some wants on that list. I will cross reference my list. I could arrange my big sis to pick up / pay you :)
You can have them for free mate. Maybe you can arrange for your big sis to collect. But they are yours if you want them. NO ARGUMENT!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Thanks Marky.
I don't have my list on me but I know I am missing The Prince and On My Radio, both of which I used to own!! I will have a check and pm you. Don't think I ever had Mandela single but
I have The Beat and FB3 singles thanks.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:Thanks Marky.
I don't have my list on me but I know I am missing The Prince and On My Radio, both of which I used to own!! I will have a check and pm you. Don't think I ever had Mandela single but
I have The Beat and FB3 singles thanks.
No problem mate. Just let me know what you need and we'll sort something out.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky I'd really like these ones please:

2 Tone singles:
Nelson Mandela B. Break Down The Door - The Special AKA : Picture cover with gold plastic injection 2 Tone label CHSTT 26.
The Prince - Madness
On My Radio - The Selecter l CHS TT31.

It would be nice to have but don't want to be greddy :)

1)Gangsters with picture sleeve - (I have the Walt Jabco sleeve)
2) Madness: The Dangermen Sessions A. Shame & Scandal B. Shame & Scandal (Dub) : Picture sleeve with Live & Intensified paper label. (apart from The Prince I have all the Madness singles on 7" and 12" and picture disc)
3) Prince Buster: Al Capone B. One Step Beyond : Plain sleeve with green Blue Beat label BB324. (just because that would be awsome :)

Postage wont be cheap so give me an idea of $$$$ and pm me your bank #

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:Marky I'd really like these ones please:

2 Tone singles:
Nelson Mandela B. Break Down The Door - The Special AKA : Picture cover with gold plastic injection 2 Tone label CHSTT 26.
The Prince - Madness

2) Madness: The Dangermen Sessions A. Shame & Scandal B. Shame & Scandal (Dub) : Picture sleeve with Live & Intensified paper label. (apart from The Prince I have all the Madness singles on 7" and 12" and picture disc)
3) Prince Buster: Al Capone B. One Step Beyond : Plain sleeve with green Blue Beat label BB324. (just because that would be awsome :)

No problem mate.

You do realise that this is an EP and not individual singles?

2 Tone EP : A1. Gangsters - The Special AKA A2. The Prince - Madness

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Marky I'd really like these ones please:

2 Tone singles:
The Prince - Madness

No problem mate.

You do realise that this is an EP and not individual singles?

2 Tone EP : A1. Gangsters - The Special AKA A2. The Prince - Madness
No Didn't realise it was TT31 but I would love to have that I have never seen it before??

wmhp
Junco Partner

Post by wmhp »

hello.
I only collect certain records, but now and again I'll pick up something from a boot sale just because.
I have nothing out of the ordinary two tone wise
These are all in two tone sleeves apart from the boiler and too much too young.
A couple are paper labels but mostly not. Like I said nothing out of the ordinary.

Specials Gangsters TT1
Specials Rat race TT11
Specials do nothing TT16
Specials Boiler TT18
Madness The prince TT3
Selector On my radio TT4
Specials Message to you rudi TT5
Beat Tears of a clown TT6
specials too much too young TT7
Bodysnatchers Lets do rock steady TT9

Not worth anything to me, and probably not much interest to you either, but there if you want them?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

wmhp wrote:hello.
I only collect certain records, but now and again I'll pick up something from a boot sale just because.
I have nothing out of the ordinary two tone wise
These are all in two tone sleeves apart from the boiler and too much too young.
A couple are paper labels but mostly not. Like I said nothing out of the ordinary.

Specials Gangsters TT1
Specials Rat race TT11
Specials do nothing TT16
Specials Boiler TT18
Madness The prince TT3
Selector On my radio TT4
Specials Message to you rudi TT5
Beat Tears of a clown TT6
specials too much too young TT7
Bodysnatchers Lets do rock steady TT9

Not worth anything to me, and probably not much interest to you either, but there if you want them?
Definately interested in some of those thank you. I had all the early TR singles but over time they have been lost / stolen. There are some in that list I need. I will check my list and PM you thanks.

wmhp
Junco Partner

Post by wmhp »

just pm your address and ill send them on.
this is in return for the thermonuclear pie post from 6 years ago. no charge.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Just picked up a paper label edition of Rico's Sea Cruise TT15 and the first Higson's 7" on Two Tone TT21 🙂

Might have to start saving for Elvis Costello's withdrawn TT7 single but would rather find a copy of Gangsters with the hand stamped cover TT1