Unknown Immortal

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Kory »

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If Jesus were made up, how could he show up in burnt toast and dirt on underpasses? Check, mate, game, set, and match, go fuck yourself, atheists.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
If Jesus were made up, how could he show up in burnt toast and dirt on underpasses? Check, mate, game, set, and match, go fuck yourself, atheists.
if jesus fake, how come banana fit in u hand so good?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
maek u think
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
maek u think
What a misleading headline.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
maek u think
Most of them are.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: If Jesus were made up, how could he show up in burnt toast and dirt on underpasses? Check, mate, game, set, and match, go fuck yourself, atheists.
maek u think
Most of them are.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
maek u think
Not a compelling case.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: If Jesus were made up, how could he show up in burnt toast and dirt on underpasses? Check, mate, game, set, and match, go fuck yourself, atheists.
maek u think
Not a compelling case.
I think you'd have to go see his lecture, right? That could just be the fault of the journalist.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
maek u think
Not a compelling case.
I think you'd have to go see his lecture, right? That could just be the fault of the journalist.
To be honest, it's not even a new hypothesis. Unless he has some amazing new evidence, it's based largely on conjecture. And this is coming from someone who is fairly agnostic about the historicity of Jesus in general.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Flex wrote:
maek u think
Not a compelling case.
I didn't appreciate the sophomoric quotes about the danger of Christianity, they didn't speak to a particularly elevated intellect. The evidence I've seen in books by my favourite Biblical scholars have convinced me that a historical Jesus is about as likely to have actually lived as any other figure from the 1st century. I lean to him being a real apocalyptic preacher who got crucified by the Romans.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
maek u think
Not a compelling case.
I didn't appreciate the sophomoric quotes about the danger of Christianity, they didn't speak to a particularly elevated intellect. The evidence I've seen in books by my favourite Biblical scholars have convinced me that a historical Jesus is about as likely to have actually lived as any other figure from the 1st century. I lean to him being a real apocalyptic preacher who got crucified by the Romans.
You don't think Christianity can be damaging and repressive?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Not a compelling case.
I do, it's the kind of observation I'd expect a worthwhile academic to have gotten out of their system before graduating. A banal truism at this point for anybody who's thought about this stuff.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Not a compelling case.
I do, it's the kind of observation I'd expect a worthwhile academic to have gotten out of their system before graduating. A banal truism at this point for anybody who's thought about this stuff.
Oh, I see what you mean. I thought you meant that his position was naive or something. I dunno, the article is doesn't seem to be for people that are well read on this subject, so they probably took sound bites of his that were more general, or maybe he geared his interview answers with that in mind. I'd be interesting to see the lecture at least. I'm certainly not well read on this stuff, myself.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
Oh, I see what you mean. I thought you meant that his position was naive or something. I dunno, the article is doesn't seem to be for people that are well read on this subject, so they probably took sound bites of his that were more general, or maybe he geared his interview answers with that in mind. I'd be interesting to see the lecture at least. I'm certainly not well read on this stuff, myself.
Giving the academic the benefit of the doubt, he may have tailored his response for a general audience. And, given that he's an American, there's a likely kneejerk acceptance of the Bible that he's operating under.