Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Politics and other such topical creams.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Kory » 08 Sep 2016, 4:01pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:That's pretty great.
It's cool but I'm glad my mum never looked liked Super Mario though.
It's really more of a Luigi look.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35325
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Sep 2016, 5:42pm

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:That's pretty great.
It's cool but I'm glad my mum never looked liked Super Mario though.
It's really more of a Luigi look.
I bow down down to your knowledge of such things.




















Marky stomps off sulking, no longer down with the kids. :disshame:
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Sep 2016, 12:03pm

Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Kory » 28 Sep 2016, 1:49am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Some people love cat videos-my favorite online viewing is children getting knocked over.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6849
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by BostonBeaneater » 28 Sep 2016, 12:22pm

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Some people love cat videos-my favorite online viewing is children getting knocked over.

I like to see people get hit in the nuts.

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Sep 2016, 12:42pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Some people love cat videos-my favorite online viewing is children getting knocked over.

I like to see people get hit in the nuts.

Obligatory and predictable:

Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Kory » 28 Sep 2016, 3:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Some people love cat videos-my favorite online viewing is children getting knocked over.

I like to see people get hit in the nuts.

Obligatory and predictable:

Image
The sound effect they gave that was way more painful than the visual, I always thought.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Oct 2016, 1:33pm


So, yeah, Australia, about that stereotype of being boors …
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Rat Patrol » 05 Nov 2016, 1:49am

https://www.salon.com/2016/11/04/scienc ... unhealthy/

LOOK! Science proves I'm virile and healthy!


Kids? What about them? :meh:
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35325
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Marky Dread » 05 Nov 2016, 4:11am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Parenting is no easy thing. At least that guy gave it his best shot. :lol:
Image
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by tepista » 08 Feb 2017, 1:16pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19887
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by matedog » 08 Feb 2017, 3:57pm

tepista wrote:
08 Feb 2017, 1:16pm
Image
Quit stealing Wolt's records!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 May 2017, 8:44pm

We had supper last night with my nephew and his wife. They have a couple young children, one of whom is a two-year-old boy who adores his mother. My nephew has taken to calling him Buster (as in Arrested Development). Whether shoulder rubs are in the cards remains to be seen.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Kory » 23 May 2017, 3:31pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 May 2017, 8:44pm
We had supper last night with my nephew and his wife. They have a couple young children, one of whom is a two-year-old boy who adores his mother. My nephew has taken to calling him Buster (as in Arrested Development). Whether shoulder rubs are in the cards remains to be seen.
Is he a monster?
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71088
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Parenting (...or My Precious Snowflake is Better Than Yours)

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 May 2017, 4:05pm

Kory wrote:
23 May 2017, 3:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 May 2017, 8:44pm
We had supper last night with my nephew and his wife. They have a couple young children, one of whom is a two-year-old boy who adores his mother. My nephew has taken to calling him Buster (as in Arrested Development). Whether shoulder rubs are in the cards remains to be seen.
Is he a monster?
Nephew's son still has both hands, so, for the time being, no.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest