Top 5 Comedians?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Top 5 Comedians?

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Poor old Terry Jones has been diagnosed with dementia at 74.
:( My favour of the Pythons. What a particularly cruel and unjust fate for someone of his abilities.
Mine too. :(

I have a secret theory that a sign of comedic maturity is realizing how good Terry Jones was compared to the flashier members.
I love that guy so much. There's a song that he does on the Contractual Obligation album that never fails to crack me up uncontrollably when it gets to the climax:

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Perhaps it is my aging eyes but I just read this as top 5 Canadians.

Now that's a tough list.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:Perhaps it is my aging eyes but I just read this as top 5 Canadians.

Now that's a tough list.
Remember, it's not fair to include me more than once, so you still need to come up with #s 2 thru 5.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:Perhaps it is my aging eyes but I just read this as top 5 Canadians.

Now that's a tough list.
Remember, it's not fair to include me more than once, so you still need to come up with #s 2 thru 5.
Yeah I'd put you above any of my relatives anyway. Joey Shithead Keithly goes in there somewhere too, along with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd.

So I guess I need one more, oh hell Neil Young.

You're in damn good company, that or the pool is pretty shallow. :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Now that's a tough list.
Yeah I'd put you above any of my relatives anyway. Joey Shithead Keithly goes in there somewhere too, along with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd.

1. Dave Sim
2. Jim Carrey
3. Phil Hartman
4. John Candy
5. John K.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Now that's a tough list.

1. Dave Sim
2. Jim Carrey
3. Phil Hartman
4. John Candy
5. John K.
1-5. The Kids In the Hall

Also, The classic Nomeansno lineup of the Wright Brothers and Andy Kerr...
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wasn't it understood that I occupied the #1 spot on anyone's list? You only have to come up with four also-rans. :naughty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Wasn't it understood that I occupied the #1 spot on anyone's list? You only have to come up with four also-rans. :naughty:
1. Doc Medulla
2. Justin Trudeau
3. Andrea Martin
4. Scott Thompson
5. Eugene Levy
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That's more like it!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:That's more like it!
Seriously, though. Andrea Martin is such an underrated goddamn treasure. She is amazing on Difficult People as the overbearing Jewish mom, which, of course, I would know nothing about. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Seriously, though. Andrea Martin is such an underrated goddamn treasure. She is amazing on Difficult People as the overbearing Jewish mom, which, of course, I would know nothing about. :shifty:
Apart from just being incredibly well-written and -performed sketch comedy, SCTV was notable for every damned one of its core performers going on to significant work thereafter.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Apart from just being incredibly well-written and -performed sketch comedy, SCTV was notable for every damned one of its core performers going on to significant work thereafter.
That's because (at least back then, it seems to be less so now), the Second City focused on character creation over straight up joking. Just so many amazing actors came though that program. I say actors because they were all funny people, but they could all actually act.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Wasn't it understood that I occupied the #1 spot on anyone's list? You only have to come up with four also-rans. :naughty:
I didn't want to seem like a kiss-ass. You're more like #0.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
That could be interpreted several ways …

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
That could be interpreted several ways …
You know, like, when a comic book has a #0. It's like a special convention-only release. Highly sought-after, but not totally necessary.