Music Must Destroy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Music Must Destroy

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
laxman wrote:
Ha ha, can't argue with that!
I have the new Madness album ordered twice!! I ordered it then they announced the special edition which I ordered but it got too hard cancelling the original order.
Ha I'm less smart than you I simpy forgot I'd already ordered the Ruts album.Getting old ain't what it used to be. :mrgreen:
We could trade :)
Sounds like a plan. I have ordered the special edition Madness aslo. Do you have any Nolans CD's. I'm in the mood for dancing.
No Nolan's but you can have my Leo Sayer if you feel like dancing?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I have the new Madness album ordered twice!! I ordered it then they announced the special edition which I ordered but it got too hard cancelling the original order.
Ha I'm less smart than you I simpy forgot I'd already ordered the Ruts album.Getting old ain't what it used to be. :mrgreen:
Sounds like a plan. I have ordered the special edition Madness aslo. Do you have any Nolans CD's. I'm in the mood for dancing.
Ha! thanks mate.

I'll send you The Ruts CD when they both arrive.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Ha! thanks mate.

That's very generous Marky but I was only joking, I am sure there is someone much closer to home would apprecate it plus cost more than the CD to mail it :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Ha! thanks mate.

That's very generous Marky but I was only joking, I am sure there is someone much closer to home would apprecate it plus cost more than the CD to mail it :mrgreen:
If you really knew how wealthy I am you wouldn't care.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Ha! thanks mate.

Mark Lester couldn't sing, the film was dubbed with songs by Kathe Green who was the daughter of Johnny Green.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Ha! thanks mate.

Mark Lester couldn't sing, the film was dubbed with songs by Kathe Green who was the daughter of Johnny Green.
and don't forget Hughie Green was Paula Yates dad.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So it looks like I won't get this until Friday. Hurrumph!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob wrote:So it looks like I won't get this until Friday. Hurrumph!
Change that until next Thursday :hmph: :hmph:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:I've got the album ordered already.
I've ordered it twice.So I'm better than you. ;)
Has yours arrived yet?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Has yours arrived yet?
I got it yesterday, from Amazon. Haven't had chance to play it yet, apart from the opening two tracks ( the two singles that I had already heard). Hopefully will get a chance tomorrow.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Has yours arrived yet?
I got it yesterday, from Amazon. Haven't had chance to play it yet, apart from the opening two tracks ( the two singles that I had already heard). Hopefully will get a chance tomorrow.
Mine was supposed to arrive Thursday, then Friday, then Saturday now next Thursday but it also says not yet shipped when I check the details. If you try and order it now via Amazon it says usually arrives in 1 to 2 MONTHS.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Has yours arrived yet?
Mine was supposed to arrive Thursday, then Friday, then Saturday now next Thursday but it also says not yet shipped when I check the details. If you try and order it now via Amazon it says usually arrives in 1 to 2 MONTHS.
Got my two signed copies on Friday and it's brilliant.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Has yours arrived yet?
Signed? Damn not an option when I ordered mine. Right now receiving it doesn't even seem like an option

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
Has yours arrived yet?
Signed? Damn not an option when I ordered mine. Right now receiving it doesn't even seem like an option
If only my PC was not in repair I would upload it for you. It's a really cool album however don't expect it all to be as heavy as those first two singles. There are a couple more punky sounding tracks but the remainder are mid-paced rockers and slower songs. The last track being a respctful nod to Malcolm Owen. The album also features Jake Burns (SLF) Captain Sensible (The Damned) Kirk Brandon (Theatre of Hate/Spear of Destiny) Marco Pironi (Adam & the Ants) Boz Borer (The Polecats/Morrissey) and of course Henry Rollins. Some tracks my take their time to lodge themselves in your brain but after 3 plays now I'm seriously digging it more and more, I think it's a really strong album. Don't expect "The Crack"part 2 though as this album does not attempt to capture former glories but forge new ones with one eye respectfully staring at the rude boys standing at the bar and the other other staring into the future with positive vibes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
If only my PC was not in repair I would upload it for you. It's a really cool album however don't expect it all to be as heavy as those first two singles. There are a couple more punky sounding tracks but the remainder are mid-paced rockers and slower songs. The last track being a respctful nod to Malcolm Owen. The album also features Jake Burns (SLF) Captain Sensible (The Damned) Kirk Brandon (Theatre of Hate/Spear of Destiny) Marco Pironi (Adam & the Ants) Boz Borer (The Polecats/Morrissey) and of course Henry Rollins. Some tracks my take their time to lodge themselves in your brain but after 3 plays now I'm seriously digging it more and more, I think it's a really strong album. Don't expect "The Crack"part 2 though as this album does not attempt to capture former glories but forge new ones with one eye respectfully staring at the rude boys standing at the bar and the other other staring into the future with positive vibes.
Thanks Marky, I'm sure mine will arrive I just wonder if it will be this week now as Amazon says or in 1 to 2 months as Amazon says for a new order...

As for your review albums that take time to seep in are often the best ones, they tend to have greater staying power for me personally.