Unknown Immortal

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Me? Moderately? Sounds too fair.
Well as long as you know I did you no wrong. ;)
God save Markyyyyy
no fascist is he!
He may be a moron
pun-tential ape man...
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote: I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Me? Moderately? Sounds too fair.
Well as long as you know I did you no wrong. ;)
God save Markyyyyy
no fascist is he!
He may be a moron
pun-tential ape man...
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm
tepista wrote:

I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I enjoy the endless repackaging and reissues with the Pistols because it means that a spectral McLaren can cackle on the other side.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 2:48pm
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:

Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.
I disagree with Herr Doktor above, they should be ashamed of themselves for rereleasing Some Product. An unfunny joke at the time, fuck em for wanting money for it in 2017.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 3:01pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:

I disagree with Herr Doktor above, they should be ashamed of themselves for rereleasing Some Product. An unfunny joke at the time, fuck em for wanting money for it in 2017.
The concept of shame is allergic to any Sex Pistols release. It proves McLaren's point about demystifying rock and youth culture (even as the joke's more on him: no one really cares either).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:

I agree a re release is not necessary however I loved the original release when it came out and still have it. At the time it served a purpose for fans because you never got to hear the band or see them on RV. They were never on radio or television so all you got was what the papers printed.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 3:17pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:

I agree a re release is not necessary however I loved the original release when it came out and still have it. At the time it served a purpose for fans because you never got to hear the band or see them on RV. They were never on radio or television so all you got was what the papers printed.
I dunno considering their notoriety I think they were on plenty of Tv and Radio shows. The problem being they ended up being banned which for any Pistols fan at the tim,e was all part and parcel of the fun.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

That record changed my life so they can re-re-re-re-re-lease a million times, I have no problem with that as long as there is someone who is not heard it they should re-release it. I think it's amazing that they only made one album and a few B-sides and we are still talking about it 40 years later.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 5:41pm
That record changed my life so they can re-re-re-re-re-lease a million times, I have no problem with that as long as there is someone who is not heard it they should re-release it. I think it's amazing that they only made one album and a few B-sides and we are still talking about it 40 years later.
Same here however some cosideration to the fans would be nice. I'm not referring to NMTBHTSP but all the other cash-in's like that live '76 box set from last year which offered very little new to the die-hards and could've been a single CD instead of milked into a box set of stuff that we already mostly had.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 5:52pm
Same here however some cosideration to the fans would be nice. I'm not referring to NMTBHTSP but all the other cash-in's like that live '76 box set from last year which offered very little new to the die-hards and could've been a single CD instead of milked into a box set of stuff that we already mostly had.
Does the band have input over these re-re-re-releases and repackage jobs? I thought Lydon divested himself of any say several years back (tho, I assume, he still gets the royalties) and I'd be surprised if he did so if the others still had control.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 6:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 5:52pm
Does the band have input over these re-re-re-releases and repackage jobs? I thought Lydon divested himself of any say several years back (tho, I assume, he still gets the royalties) and I'd be surprised if he did so if the others still had control.
Not to my knowledge but you may be correct. I know he (Lydon) was fiercely proud of the Bollocks album. He always made sure of any official product with him was presented well like not releasing the Filth & the Fury movie until the soundtrack was digitalised propery from analogue tapes. But there has always been so much bullshit surrounding the nefarious product.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Never Mind the Bollocks also changed my life, they're welcome to rerelease that til the big crunch.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/