Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:I watch Oliver all the time, he's just talented enough at the job to make it worthwhile. And I like getting pissed off with him too.
I've only watched clips of Samantha Bee's show, but it's been observed that the two best comedy-news hosts on American tv now are non-American—a Limey and a Canuck.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:Apparently no one was watching The Nightly Show, which is bullshit cuz it was fucking great. I never missed a single ep (thanks to DVR)
Yeah I just saw this very disappointed
Just saw notice of the cancellation. I quit watching several months ago (the same time I quit the Daily Show; John Oliver is the only one of those types of shows I watch now). I really liked Larry, but as soon as he brought the other cast members to the panel, the episode just died. They were neither funny nor thought provoking, and I couldn't be bother to tune in just for ten minutes.
wife and I love every cast member. the round table was hit and miss, but the scripted stuff was always great.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I watch Oliver all the time, he's just talented enough at the job to make it worthwhile. And I like getting pissed off with him too.
I've only watched clips of Samantha Bee's show, but it's been observed that the two best comedy-news hosts on American tv now are non-American—a Limey and a Canuck.
but not black. :(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
but not black. :(
If LW has a weakness (apart from hiring supporting players), it's that he doesn't do outrage comedy. He's a bit more appalled or jeering. And that's fine as a comedic stance, something more distanced, but it don't think it plays as well these days.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:but not black. :(
Now that Obama's presidency is coming to a close, and racism has finally been ended in America, we don't need to have to black people on television anymore.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote: If LW has a weakness (apart from hiring supporting players), it's that he doesn't do outrage comedy. He's a bit more appalled or jeering. And that's fine as a comedic stance, something more distanced, but it don't think it plays as well these days.
Yeah, nothing a white audience likes better than an outraged black guy yelling at them on TV

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: If LW has a weakness (apart from hiring supporting players), it's that he doesn't do outrage comedy. He's a bit more appalled or jeering. And that's fine as a comedic stance, something more distanced, but it don't think it plays as well these days.
Yeah, nothing a white audience likes better than an outraged black guy yelling at them on TV
Bring back Nat X!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Bring back Nat X!
I used to say, and not without some cause, that if I were black, I'd probably be more or less exactly like Nat X.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Bring back Nat X!
I used to say, and not without some cause, that if I were black, I'd probably be more or less exactly like Nat X.
I would be like Shirley from What's Happening.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Bring back Nat X!
I would be honoured to be your Sandman.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Bring back Nat X!
My buddy and I SWEAR that we saw her at 3am at a grocery store in Charleston in 1995. But we might just have been dumb white college students.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Bring back Nat X!
You're hired, whitey.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: Yeah, nothing a white audience likes better than an outraged black guy yelling at them on TV
Bring back Nat X!
You're hired, whitey.
I'll be in the back with a Costco-sized jar of Miracle Whip and some Wonder Bread.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: Yeah, nothing a white audience likes better than an outraged black guy yelling at them on TV
Bring back Nat X!
My buddy and I SWEAR that we saw her at 3am at a grocery store in Charleston in 1995. But we might just have been dumb white college students.
That was her.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Just to clear, Wolt would be Urkel, Hooks would be Drake, and Jenny would be Sammy Davis jr.