We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I want to set up an intervention. I'm worried about your mental well being, man.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
Hello,

Very nice. You should play this at your high school graduation.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

It just came on at the grocery store. It's still awful.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Wolter wrote:It just came on at the grocery store. It's still awful.
UPDATE: The same store later played the Smashmouth cover of "I'm a Believer." I have got to stop shopping at Hoyston's Tinned "Meats" and Brown Rice Emporium.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
UPDATE: The same store later played the Smashmouth cover of "I'm a Believer." I have got to stop shopping at Hoyston's Tinned "Meats" and Brown Rice Emporium.
I'll contribute up to $1000 for a lawyer if you want to burn that place to the ground.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I'll contribute up to $1000 for a lawyer if you want to burn that place to the ground.
Hey I'm no rich man but if you need a donation then count me in also. It's a worthy cause.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Hey I'm no rich man but if you need a donation then count me in also. It's a worthy cause.
Count me in.

Also, I heard Dancing Queen at IKEA today. As I said on Facebook, if only there were also an appearance by Bjron Borg, Stellan Skarsgard, and the Swedish Chef, I would reached peak Swede.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Count me in.

Also, I heard Dancing Queen at IKEA today. As I said on Facebook, if only there were also an appearance by Bjron Borg, Stellan Skarsgard, and the Swedish Chef, I would reached peak Swede.
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The boss is, as is her habit, watching Coronation Street, and one of the characters just sang, "We built this city, we built this city on sausage rolls." The subversion* continues …

* Not subversive. Inane. Like the original.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss is, as is her habit, watching Coronation Street, and one of the characters just sang, "We built this city, we built this city on sausage rolls." The subversion* continues …

Quite a well known pun on the original lyrics over here, in fact I'm sure it has been referred to in this thread.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss is, as is her habit, watching Coronation Street, and one of the characters just sang, "We built this city, we built this city on sausage rolls." The subversion* continues …

Quite a well known pun on the original lyrics over here, in fact I'm sure it has been referred to in this thread.
If I build a time machine, I'm not going to kill Hitler. I'm going to help him win the Battle of Britain.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Heston wrote:

It's in the obseravations thread...

http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... ls#p227713
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Heston wrote:

Luftwaffe powers, activate!

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Heston wrote:

Fuck the Luftwaffe, I have a secret army...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Heston wrote:

Fuck the Luftwaffe, I have a secret army...

No army with Peter Criss has ever won a battle let alone a war.