Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
101Walterton wrote:It is hard to judge success at Celtic whilst they play in the Scottish league. I expect he will win the league (even I could do that) therefore the only real test is the Champions League and when you win most weeks without trying to hard it is very difficult to be competitive when you are suddenly up against real opposition.
Yeah. I mean, it would be cool to see Celtic make some deep runs in the CL, but I'm just not sure Rodgers is the guy to help make that happen. But maybe he is! As you say, there's a structural issue going against Celtic, but maybe he's a difference maker. I dunno, as I said, I find it interesting.
OK I see where you are at. Rogers or whoever manages Celtic is not an issue as 101 said he could do it. It's about playing against quality opposition week in week out and the SPL does not offer that in my opinion therefore Celtic having much chance against the big teams in the CL is unlikely.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
101Walterton wrote:It is hard to judge success at Celtic whilst they play in the Scottish league. I expect he will win the league (even I could do that) therefore the only real test is the Champions League and when you win most weeks without trying to hard it is very difficult to be competitive when you are suddenly up against real opposition.
Yeah. I mean, it would be cool to see Celtic make some deep runs in the CL, but I'm just not sure Rodgers is the guy to help make that happen. But maybe he is! As you say, there's a structural issue going against Celtic, but maybe he's a difference maker. I dunno, as I said, I find it interesting.
OK I see where you are at. Rogers or whoever manages Celtic is not an issue as 101 said he could do it. It's about playing against quality opposition week in week out and the SPL does not offer that in my opinion therefore Celtic having much chance against the big teams in the CL is unlikely.
Unlikely regardless of who the coach is.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
Exactly mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
Exactly mate.
I read that there is a proposal to increase the football league by one division to go back to 4 ( not sure why EPL doesn't count?).
Renewed speculation of Old Firm joining.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
Exactly mate.
I read that there is a proposal to increase the football league by one division to go back to 4 ( not sure why EPL doesn't count?).
I doubt it will happen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Exactly mate.
I doubt it will happen.
Doubt it too but could see them getting the real prize they want which is to get their Premier League B teams into the Football League in some guise, maybe starting off with one of the cup competitions, bunging the League clubs a few extra quid for their troubles and dressing it up as them doing their bit for the national team. Which is funny because the Premier League clubs could do their bit themselves by having a winter break but they'll never do it because Sky would never let them.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Exactly mate.
I doubt it will happen.
Doubt it too but could see them getting the real prize they want which is to get their Premier League B teams into the Football League in some guise, maybe starting off with one of the cup competitions, bunging the League clubs a few extra quid for their troubles and dressing it up as them doing their bit for the national team. Which is funny because the Premier League clubs could do their bit themselves by having a winter break but they'll never do it because Sky would never let them.
I agree with all the above.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Exactly mate.
I doubt it will happen.
Yep I have no doubt the big clubs would love to have the reserve team playing. It would be great for them if they could but it would do nothing for the smaller clubs and would be a huge disadvantage for many reasons.
It would put an end to the loan system which many clubs benefit from.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I doubt it will happen.
Yep I have no doubt the big clubs would love to have the reserve team playing. It would be great for them if they could but it would do nothing for the smaller clubs and would be a huge disadvantage for many reasons.
It would put an end to the loan system which many clubs benefit from.
Nail on head mate. Greg Dyke is the man who has been pushing this for the last 2 or 3 years and now he's bellyaching as he leaves the FA because nobody will buy his ideas of "reform" which is laughable from the guy who as head of ITV was the original instigator of the breakaway League. There'll be more whinging when Spain or Germany win the Euros and they'll say all the big teams have active B teams over there so we not here too? The reason is English football exists to serve ALL the clubs and the fans and its four division system is actually what makes it unique and special. Let's hope the cunts leave it that way.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Don't say I don't love my Limeys (but not enough to call it football). Here's a soccer quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/estebanrey ... lub_trivia
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Don't say I don't love my Limeys (but not enough to call it football). Here's a soccer quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/estebanrey ... lub_trivia
I like that quiz once you get used to the format.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Don't say I don't love my Limeys (but not enough to call it football). Here's a soccer quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/estebanrey ... lub_trivia
21/21.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
21/21.
Clicking randomly, I got 2/21 :approve:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
21/21.
Clicking randomly, I got 2/21 :approve:
Congrats man! :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Lame. The lowest score you can get is 1/21.

So much for being a perfect septic. :disshame: