No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 04 May 2016, 10:43am

Meanwhile, in Missouri (the author is a good friend of mine and I gave her permission to use my quotes, which were not published in the Post Dispatch, unfortunately):

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/columni ... mment-area
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 May 2016, 10:54am

JennyB wrote:Meanwhile, in Missouri (the author is a good friend of mine and I gave her permission to use my quotes, which were not published in the Post Dispatch, unfortunately):

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/columni ... mment-area
One thing that the right does much better than the left is co-opting disgraceful events—ones where they would often find ideological sympathy with the perpetrators—into furthering their own contemporary interests. The ability of white conservatives to seize, say, slavery as their own issue is breathtaking in its audacity. Anything and everything is up for grabs.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 04 May 2016, 10:56am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:Meanwhile, in Missouri (the author is a good friend of mine and I gave her permission to use my quotes, which were not published in the Post Dispatch, unfortunately):

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/columni ... mment-area
One thing that the right does much better than the left is co-opting disgraceful events—ones where they would often find ideological sympathy with the perpetrators—into furthering their own contemporary interests. The ability of white conservatives to seize, say, slavery as their own issue is breathtaking in its audacity. Anything and everything is up for grabs.
It's really a sight to behold, isn't it?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 May 2016, 6:39am

Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by BostonBeaneater » 06 Jun 2016, 11:42am

Image

I think by naming your child Brock you have already damned him to be a douche bag. Brock is a rapist and should be disemboweled.

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Jun 2016, 11:56am

If this guy also has daughters, they must feel good knowing dad has their back if something awful happens to them. C'mon, Trudy, it was 20 minutes of action, no big deal.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 06 Jun 2016, 12:33pm

This is rape culture. This is also white privilege at work.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Jun 2016, 12:49pm

About 15 years ago, the teenaged daughter of a friend was sexually assaulted in some manner (I don't know the degree or details). She was in Cadets, which is connected with the Canadian military, but more like the scouts. Anyway, she was 14 or 15 and the boy who assaulted her, another Cadet, was around 17. She told her mother what happened, who went to the police and they said they'd investigate. Here's what the investigation entailed: pulling Chris (I think that was her name) out of class and questioning her in an office in the school. Without her mother's awareness or presence. And then the cop went to work trying to convince her that it didn't happen. Okay, it did happen. Well, it wasn't that bad then. Okay, it was pretty bad. Well, then you led him on, right? Okay, well, look, you're going to ruin this boy's life if you push this. And it worked. Chris was so traumatized by the two experiences that she begged her mother to drop everything, including a complaint to the police. Which is what happened to spare her kid in the short term. So, an absolutely wretched and compounded experience for Chris, but to the cop and possibly the boy it was a completely mundane and forgettable incident. I keep that story in my back pocket whenever anyone says that cops are all decent people. This wasn't elaborate abuse of power, just a casual fifteen or twenty minutes in a work day, preserving the predatory rights of males.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by BostonBeaneater » 06 Jun 2016, 1:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:About 15 years ago, the teenaged daughter of a friend was sexually assaulted in some manner (I don't know the degree or details). She was in Cadets, which is connected with the Canadian military, but more like the scouts. Anyway, she was 14 or 15 and the boy who assaulted her, another Cadet, was around 17. She told her mother what happened, who went to the police and they said they'd investigate. Here's what the investigation entailed: pulling Chris (I think that was her name) out of class and questioning her in an office in the school. Without her mother's awareness or presence. And then the cop went to work trying to convince her that it didn't happen. Okay, it did happen. Well, it wasn't that bad then. Okay, it was pretty bad. Well, then you led him on, right? Okay, well, look, you're going to ruin this boy's life if you push this. And it worked. Chris was so traumatized by the two experiences that she begged her mother to drop everything, including a complaint to the police. Which is what happened to spare her kid in the short term. So, an absolutely wretched and compounded experience for Chris, but to the cop and possibly the boy it was a completely mundane and forgettable incident. I keep that story in my back pocket whenever anyone says that cops are all decent people. This wasn't elaborate abuse of power, just a casual fifteen or twenty minutes in a work day, preserving the predatory rights of males.
This is pretty standard issue and the reason why you might want to leave the cops out of it. I think if this happened to someone I care about I would take tho old wire snips to their achilles.

Image
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 06 Jun 2016, 1:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:About 15 years ago, the teenaged daughter of a friend was sexually assaulted in some manner (I don't know the degree or details). She was in Cadets, which is connected with the Canadian military, but more like the scouts. Anyway, she was 14 or 15 and the boy who assaulted her, another Cadet, was around 17. She told her mother what happened, who went to the police and they said they'd investigate. Here's what the investigation entailed: pulling Chris (I think that was her name) out of class and questioning her in an office in the school. Without her mother's awareness or presence. And then the cop went to work trying to convince her that it didn't happen. Okay, it did happen. Well, it wasn't that bad then. Okay, it was pretty bad. Well, then you led him on, right? Okay, well, look, you're going to ruin this boy's life if you push this. And it worked. Chris was so traumatized by the two experiences that she begged her mother to drop everything, including a complaint to the police. Which is what happened to spare her kid in the short term. So, an absolutely wretched and compounded experience for Chris, but to the cop and possibly the boy it was a completely mundane and forgettable incident. I keep that story in my back pocket whenever anyone says that cops are all decent people. This wasn't elaborate abuse of power, just a casual fifteen or twenty minutes in a work day, preserving the predatory rights of males.
Jesus.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jun 2016, 10:26am

In a linguistic paradox, some rapes happen without there being a rapist, says asswipe's friend.
http://jezebel.com/brock-turners-childh ... 1780954372

I know my disgust is misplaced, but I right now I feel more appalled by his enablers/defenders. Or at least they suggest an avenue into what kind of irresponsible little douche he is.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by matedog » 08 Jun 2016, 11:11am

There is an argument made that "why are men held accountable for their actions when drunk and women aren't?" Perhaps a better mentality would be if a woman drinking makes her more likely to be a victim of rape, then a man drinking makes him more likely to commit rape. I don't think this is ever really stated.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by eumaas » 08 Jun 2016, 12:05pm

but now that Clinton has the nom, the patriarchy is over.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by eumaas » 08 Jun 2016, 12:08pm

I'm pulling for a vigilante taking out that privileged rapist piece of shit.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by eumaas » 08 Jun 2016, 12:12pm

eumaas wrote:I'm pulling for a vigilante taking out that privileged rapist piece of shit.
if the same person takes out Shkreli, we gotta write ourselves a folk hero ballad.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests