The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

General music discussion.
Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Re: The Ramones song you're thinking about right now

Post by Chuck Mangione »

tepista wrote:Cretin Hop again. Is that my favorite Ramones song? It must be.
Definite top 10.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
matedog wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Rewatched End of the Century recently and that got me to explore some of their early 80's albums a bit more. This one definitely stuck out.
Pop/rock classic, in my humble opinion.
I bought the double pack 7'' when it came out with Chasing the Night/Howling at the Moon (Sha-La-La)/Street Fighting Man/Smash You....classic stuff!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

FLEX WANT:
The Ramones' self-titled debut album is to be reissued on July 29 to mark its 40th anniversary.

The special four-disc edition of 'The Ramones' features a new mono mix, a live album plus a disc which includes seven previously-unreleased demos.
Housed in an LP-sized box, the 40th anniversary edition has a remastered version of the album plus a new mono mix on the first disc. The second CD is a 14-song disc of alternative mixes, out-takes and demos, which includes previously-unheard demos of 'Chain Saw', 'You're Gonna Kill That Girl' and 'Loudmouth' plus an unheard version of 'Today Your Love Tomorrow The World' with more explicit lyrics.

The third disc features complete gigs recorded at Los Angeles club The Roxy on August 12, 1976. The first 16-song show has been available before, but another gig the band played on the same night has remained unreleased until now. The fourth disc is a vinyl LP featuring the stereo and mono mixes from the first CD.

Other extras on the album include an essay by album producer Chris Leon, plus photos by Roberta Bayley, whose portrait of The Ramones is featured on the cover of the sleeve.
Full article: http://www.nme.com/news/ramones/93732
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WOLTER WANT KNOCK FLEX OUT AND STEAL.
Flex wrote:FLEX WANT:
The Ramones' self-titled debut album is to be reissued on July 29 to mark its 40th anniversary.

The special four-disc edition of 'The Ramones' features a new mono mix, a live album plus a disc which includes seven previously-unreleased demos.
Housed in an LP-sized box, the 40th anniversary edition has a remastered version of the album plus a new mono mix on the first disc. The second CD is a 14-song disc of alternative mixes, out-takes and demos, which includes previously-unheard demos of 'Chain Saw', 'You're Gonna Kill That Girl' and 'Loudmouth' plus an unheard version of 'Today Your Love Tomorrow The World' with more explicit lyrics.

The third disc features complete gigs recorded at Los Angeles club The Roxy on August 12, 1976. The first 16-song show has been available before, but another gig the band played on the same night has remained unreleased until now. The fourth disc is a vinyl LP featuring the stereo and mono mixes from the first CD.

Other extras on the album include an essay by album producer Chris Leon, plus photos by Roberta Bayley, whose portrait of The Ramones is featured on the cover of the sleeve.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:WOLTER WANT KNOCK FLEX OUT AND STEAL.

I'm certain that's Craig Leon and not Chris.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

$65.

http://store.ramones.com/products/ramon ... xe-edition

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:

$65.

http://store.ramones.com/products/ramon ... xe-edition
Bit pricey $65 = £42.22. I just per-ordered mine on Amazon UK at £36.56

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Marky Dread wrote:Bit pricey $65 = £42.22. I just per-ordered mine on Amazon UK at £36.56
Yeah, US Amazon has it at about the same price (well, in American dollars). So, fairly decent discount over the MSRP for a new release.

Anyways, ordered. Stoked.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Bit pricey $65 = £42.22. I just per-ordered mine on Amazon UK at £36.56
Yeah, US Amazon has it at about the same price (well, in American dollars). So, fairly decent discount over the MSRP for a new release.

Anyways, ordered. Stoked.
This.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Why doesn't Sony care enough to do this for The Clash? They would make a lot of money if they actually spent any time trying to take it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:Why doesn't Sony care enough to do this for The Clash? They would make a lot of money if they actually spent any time trying to take it.
The Ramones are more popular.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:Why doesn't Sony care enough to do this for The Clash? They would make a lot of money if they actually spent any time trying to take it.
Even so, there is definitely money to be made. It seems unlikely to me that there wouldn't be roughly the same amount of fans of both bands that would buy something of this magnitude.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Is that true? The Ramones have more cool cred, but I'd say the Clash have a wider potential audience due to stuff like SISOSIG and RtC. It could be that bands like the Ramones, because they aren't more widely popular, are better suited for these kind of niche, obsessive packages. None of these intense release packages pursue anybody but those who have already bought the album fifteen times already, no?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Is that true? The Ramones have more cool cred, but I'd say the Clash have a wider potential audience due to stuff like SISOSIG and RtC. It could be that bands like the Ramones, because they aren't more widely popular, are better suited for these kind of niche, obsessive packages. None of these intense release packages pursue anybody but those who have already bought the album fifteen times already, no?
I could see it. Imagine being at a club seeing some local band, and the amount of people that would flip their lids over a cover of Blitzkreig Bop vs. RTC.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I could see it. Imagine being at a club seeing some local band, and the amount of people that would flip their lids over a cover of Blitzkreig Bop vs. RTC.
Right, it comes down to who the presumed audience is. Amongst punk fans, Ramones will likely win out. Amongst "rock" fans—a much bigger and vaguer group—I'd guess that the Clash grab more.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft