Happy Birthday Purple Hayes

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Happy Birthday Purple Hayes

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
matedog wrote:Hayes, sounds like you are dealing with far better than I would. Good luck with the treatment and I'm looking forward to reading your funny ass, spirited posts for a long while.
Surprised myself that I'm so sanguine about it, but I suppose thinking about it I've done pretty much everything I've wanted to do, seen my kids grow up, seen Chelsea become chanpions of Europe, tried every drug imaginable, banged more than my fair share of lovely ladies, seen pretty much all of the world that i've wanted to see. My boys are taking it in their stride but my daughter is morphing into a Florence Nightingale character which really doesn 't suit her pysche but she's trying bless her...

I may blow at some point and take some cunt with me( watch your back Cameron) but as yet I'm calmness personified

As long as i outlive Thatcher I'll be a happy bunny:-)
God damn what an awesome guy.
I can only hope that I'll one day be able to look back at my life with that kind of simple, unassuming satisfaction. Solid, solid dude.
He also outlived the average life expectancy of his inoperable lung cancer diagnosis by over 2 years. That post of his we just bumped on this thread was from a guy just told he had under a year to live. He ended up getting 3 more years...majority of it with high quality of life. 3 more years with his kids, that adorable grandson of his, and friends. 3 more years of taking the piss with fans of the (round) sport. 3 more years to experience dancing on Thatcher's grave and see Ronnie Biggs finally get felled with kryptonite. And that was his attitude towards this before knowing he was going to outlive the odds.

This is not a somber kind of sadness. Not at all. There's no shame in living life to the fullest, and he grabbed every ounce of it by the throat. That lump in the throat is the realization of awe that they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

An amazing thread and an incredible bloke to have such a positive attitude.

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

He sure had spirit and love for the good life. Amazing fellow. Cheers, Rob!
- Pilled up and rrattling -