NEW JOE STRUMMER ANTHOLOGY?

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
JoeRoberts
Corner Soul

NEW JOE STRUMMER ANTHOLOGY?

Post by JoeRoberts »

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8402

Next month Legacy will release this special edition 12" single, released in collaboration with the Strummer estate. Limited to 4,000 copies.

SIDE A
1. Gangsterville
2. Punk Rock Blues
SIDE B
3. Sleepwalk
4. Cholo Vest

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/mus ... refresh_ce Here they say that the single will be followed by a new anthology... :D

msza2
Junco Partner

Re: NEW JOE STRUMMER ANTHOLOGY?

Post by msza2 »

Woah, this could be huge!

Thanks for sharing.

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

When I saw this post was about the RSD single I thought the title was sarcastic. Can't wait to see what the anthology is going to be.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Will a Legacy compilation just stick to that era? I'd like something which straddles his solo years completely, with Mescaleros material and some 'wilderness years' material too. It would be good to have Ishen on a proper album.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

It would be super magnificent if we could get this and the Hellcat release sometime before Dec. 22nd. 2017, 15 years after the event of his death.

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Chuck Mangione wrote:It would be super magnificent if we could get this and the Hellcat release sometime before Dec. 22nd. 2017, 15 years after the event of his death.
There's a Hellcat release in the works?

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

msza2 wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:It would be super magnificent if we could get this and the Hellcat release sometime before Dec. 22nd. 2017, 15 years after the event of his death.
There's a Hellcat release in the works?
Possibly, but most think it was the recent digital one with "Time and the Tide" released on it; Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros: The Hellcat Years. I have a theory Lucinda acted to switch this oncoming anthology from Hellcat to Legacy.

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Ah, gotcha.

If she did orchestrate the switch, it will probably benefit all parties. A major label release could drum up some interest in the Mescaleros catalogue. Not sure how well The Hellcat Years did, but it seemed to pass by with a whimper for the most part.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

msza2 wrote:Ah, gotcha.

If she did orchestrate the switch, it will probably benefit all parties. A major label release could drum up some interest in the Mescaleros catalogue. Not sure how well The Hellcat Years did, but it seemed to pass by with a whimper for the most part.
Yes. It would be fantastic to have this be a Meskys release for the most part. I don't see Earthquake Weather or even Walker having much more subtext than what was offered.

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

I can't imagine it will be mostly Meskies based on the 12" tracklist, but I would hope it at least has a song from each album. X-Ray Style, Johnny Appleseed, Coma Girl, or something.

But who knows, if Luce put the clampdown on the Hellcat release then maybe there are still some unreleased Meskies gems out there. I'd love to hear more from the Streetcore sessions, even just instrumentals. At least it would give us insight into their true vision for the album.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Maybe it's just that I have the official studio releases of the Mescaleros stuff, but I'd much rather have high quality versions of some of the wilderness years stuff that I've mostly collected via downloads.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:Maybe it's just that I have the official studio releases of the Mescaleros stuff, but I'd much rather have high quality versions of some of the wilderness years stuff that I've mostly collected via downloads.
So, one vote for an entire album devoted to the recording of "Boogie With Your Children."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:Maybe it's just that I have the official studio releases of the Mescaleros stuff, but I'd much rather have high quality versions of some of the wilderness years stuff that I've mostly collected via downloads.
So, one vote for an entire album devoted to the recording of "Boogie With Your Children."
Not even in jest.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Going by that 12" I would suspect it was going to be EW or solo stuff / Widerness Years as opposed to Meskies?

johnny2bad
Corner Soul

Post by johnny2bad »

don't know why but (with all the due respect) i'd feel much much safer if the management of any joe's related stuff would be run by gaby instead of luce...