Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
At least my death will be classy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Not a dream, more of a waking obsessive dread, but for years now I have this recurrent sensation that a bomb is going to go off nearby and will shake the building I'm in. My house won't explode, but the windows will be blown out and furniture will be thrown around. I mention it because the belief has been (irrationally) stronger the last couple days.
Do you have a lot of suburban vermin turkeys in your neighborhood?

Anti Semitic turkeys.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

River wrote:I've been have a dream that will occur for a few days in a row, then stop for weeks only to come back. Its just been me simply bitting down on my teeth too hard and all my teeth shattering in my mouth. Its one of those odd dreams where I wake up suddenly to make sure I still have teeth.
That's a very common anxiety dream. I get similar ones where my teeth are loose. But not as often as the 'ol showing up to a high school final exam without attending the class, or not being able to find my locker.

Why don't I ever have dreams about that hot Danish guy I hooked up with when I was in my early 20's?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
You'll be able to stop worrying once Trump becomes president and annexes Canada.
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I have a similar dread regarding the Seattle fault earthquake that many say is forthcoming. I spend most of my time thinking about it.
Your anxiety at least as a modicum of plausibility and sensibility.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

JennyB wrote:
River wrote:I've been have a dream that will occur for a few days in a row, then stop for weeks only to come back. Its just been me simply bitting down on my teeth too hard and all my teeth shattering in my mouth. Its one of those odd dreams where I wake up suddenly to make sure I still have teeth.
That's a very common anxiety dream. I get similar ones where my teeth are loose. But not as often as the 'ol showing up to a high school final exam without attending the class, or not being able to find my locker.

Why don't I ever have dreams about that hot Danish guy I hooked up with when I was in my early 20's?
Thats interesting, I didn't know it was from anxiety. I've never had the high school dream actually. Of course, I say that and I'll have it tonight.

I remember when my great aunt died, I would have some awful dreams about being at her house and her having heart attacks or strokes. Really vivid too.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Don't sell yourself short. A Thanksgiving butterball crashing through your window at 10 MPH then pecking your eyes out while it ransacks the living room has as par an odd of happening as sticking your hand in your new snowblower while it's still running. Probability suggests that if you sit in your barcalounger long enough waiting for the stitches to heal on the hand the surgeons reattached, that the turkey will inevitably come busting through right in front of you.

See, it's all so sensible when you think about it! :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Don't sell yourself short. A Thanksgiving butterball crashing through your window at 10 MPH then pecking your eyes out while it ransacks the living room has as par an odd of happening as sticking your hand in your new snowblower while it's still running. Probability suggests that if you sit in your barcalounger long enough waiting for the stitches to heal on the hand the surgeons reattached, that the turkey will inevitably come busting through right in front of you.

So, drinking makes a lot of sense right now.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So, drinking makes a lot of sense right now.
I find that it very rarely does not.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Just like living in London through the 1980's.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
That's the thing. There are people who live with this legitimate anxiety. I live in one of the safest cities in the world. Makes no damned sense.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
That's the thing. There are people who live with this legitimate anxiety. I live in one of the safest cities in the world. Makes no damned sense.
It is an interesting subject but when you live through it it seems far less dangerous than looking in from the outside. Just about everyone I knew in London had a close encounter with a bomb, my wife was next door to the Israeli Embassy bomb in Kensington and I was close enough to it to hear it and I was in the Sussex Arms earlier in the night when that was hit in 1992.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I'm having a dream right now that Heston didn't post a nightmare Eagles Top 5 thread.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:I'm having a dream right now that Heston didn't post a nightmare Eagles Top 5 thread.
That was a bombshell!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
It is an interesting subject but when you live through it it seems far less dangerous than looking in from the outside. Just about everyone I knew in London had a close encounter with a bomb, my wife was next door to the Israeli Embassy bomb in Kensington and I was close enough to it to hear it and I was in the Sussex Arms earlier in the night when that was hit in 1992.
Which is, I guess, a survival mechanism—human beings' ability to just adapt to circumstance, to normalize what is fucked up. Good in many respects, but tolerating the awful in others.