No, No, Don't Worry. Islamophobia is Pretty Much Over

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

No, No, Don't Worry. Islamophobia is Pretty Much Over

Post by Rat Patrol »

Might as well just sticky this at the top of the forum right underneath the "Days Without A Mass Shooting" thread. :(

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/18/its_the ... _paranoia/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Islamophobia is Pretty Much Over

Post by revbob »

Rat Patrol wrote:Might as well just sticky this at the top of the forum right underneath the "Days Without A Mass Shooting" thread. :(

Holy crap how can people be so fucking stupid?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Might as well just sticky this at the top of the forum right underneath the "Days Without A Mass Shooting" thread. :(

The 19th century is a lot closer than the rearview mirror suggests. :(
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:

There seems to be a lot of Sikh attacks lately, confusing them for Muslims. It's hilarious and awful.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:

There seems to be a lot of Sikh attacks lately, confusing them for Muslims. It's hilarious and awful.
I know you don't mean to come across that way but hilarious just does not apply here.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Have we discussed the survey which showed that 30% of Republicans want us to bomb Agrabah, the land from "Aladdin?"
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:Have we discussed the survey which showed that 30% of Republicans want us to bomb Agrabah, the land from "Aladdin?"
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2459&start=1740#p425831

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:Have we discussed the survey which showed that 30% of Republicans want us to bomb Agrabah, the land from "Aladdin?"
Oh, good. I'm glad this place didn't fall apart while I was gone for a week. I was gone for a week, you know.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Oh, good. I'm glad this place didn't fall apart while I was gone for a week. I was gone for a week, you know.
Traffic court? Amway distribution meetings? Spelunking in Scandinavia?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
[*checks news wires*]

John Racist Mellonballs isn't dead or in laid up in traction this morning, either.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Did we also talk about the fact that 19% of Democrats also wanted to bomb Agrabah?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Did we also talk about the fact that 19% of Democrats also wanted to bomb Agrabah?
And 36% oppose bombing it, which could be interpreted that they, too, believe it a real place. Neither chunk of voters especially comes out smelling like unicorn farts in all that.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
And 36% oppose bombing it, which could be interpreted that they, too, believe it a real place. Neither chunk of voters especially comes out smelling like unicorn farts in all that.
Yeah, the better interpretation of this survey is "a terrifying number of people are really, really ignorant; an even more terrifying subset are belligerently so."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
A Disney cruise ... that may or may not have had characters from Aladdin entertaining the guests.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:

I know you don't mean to come across that way but hilarious just does not apply here.
I just meant that sometimes things are so bad, they become comical. With of course some emotional and personal detachment.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.