Strummservations

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Strummservations

Post by Low Down Low »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Whatever happened to the book/ box that was being put together from Joe's personal archive of lyrics and tapes that was being catalogued after he died?
No idea mate. There were/are loads of stuff found after Joe passed and we can only hope it will see the light of day.
I thought Lucinda was putting it together, I remember there was something on here about it.
There was a guy who made one post about some great stuff being found but he wasn't allowed to say to much. I seem to remember it was all being remixed/remastered.
There was talk of a book of handwritten lyrics as well.
I thought it was only song lyrics and drawings, but great to think there might have been music there too. I remember Lucinda being quoted as saying they would take their time about it, but that must be 7-8 years ago at least. Just hope it hasn't been shelved completely.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Regardng the above, why do Clash/Joe fans always seem to get a crappy reissue deal? A band of the Clash's stature should be getting curated to within an inch of their lives. The DVD side of things is an absolute joke, and Joe's back catalogue has been woefully overlooked. Add to that the cancelled Upping St and Sandinista special editions and you've got to wonder which clowns are in charge behind the scenes.

Remember, this is the band who let the bassist's wife manage their affairs for years.

Spinal Clash.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:Regardng the above, why do Clash/Joe fans always seem to get a crappy reissue deal? A band of the Clash's stature should be getting curated to within an inch of their lives. The DVD side of things is an absolute joke, and Joe's back catalogue has been woefully overlooked. Add to that the cancelled Upping St and Sandinista special editions and you've got to wonder which clowns are in charge behind the scenes.

Remember, this is the band who let the bassist's wife manage their affairs for years.

Spinal Clash.
The issue would be more with Sony than any band members though, wouldn't it? I guess they figure it wouldn't bring in enough cash to be worth it...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:Regardng the above, why do Clash/Joe fans always seem to get a crappy reissue deal? A band of the Clash's stature should be getting curated to within an inch of their lives. The DVD side of things is an absolute joke, and Joe's back catalogue has been woefully overlooked. Add to that the cancelled Upping St and Sandinista special editions and you've got to wonder which clowns are in charge behind the scenes.

Spinal Clash.
The issue would be more with Sony than any band members though, wouldn't it? I guess they figure it wouldn't bring in enough cash to be worth it...
I thought Hellcat Records was supposed to release it?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:

Spinal Clash.
Would it be any less than say The Jam or Madness, both of whom have done a great job with their back catalogue and re releases.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:

Spinal Clash.
Would it be any less than say The Jam or Madness, both of whom have done a great job with their back catalogue and re releases.
True enough. Maybe Sony still holds a grudge over all the contract problems back when.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:

Spinal Clash.
True enough. Maybe Sony still holds a grudge over all the contract problems back when.
Not of there is money to be had they wont!!!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:

Spinal Clash.
I think the way the corporate world works would mean that any of the players from then would have been fired, re-hired, retired, taken up with a different company, tried a spell as a dictator of a tiny South American republic, and taken up golf since then.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:

Spinal Clash.
I think the way the corporate world works would mean that any of the players from then would have been fired, re-hired, retired, taken up with a different company, tried a spell as a dictator of a tiny South American republic, and taken up golf since then.
They all started to wear blue and brown then?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I don't like Tony Parsons. That interview on the Cap Rad EP is just plain stupid.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
I don't like Tony Parsons
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Is that about a boy?

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Meant to post this in Clash observations thread.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Is that about a boy?
He was too busy looking at Johnny.

Forces have been looting
My humanity