Politics and other such topical creams.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Ugh...Vatican, why?

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:I saw the Police with The Fixx and Thompson Twins at Hollywood Park racetrack on Synchronicity tour.
I had albums by all three from that time. Kind of curious whether I'd still like the Thompson Twins.
You wouldn't. I mean, there's three of them, and they're not even twins. :shifty:
And one of them was black—what kind of crazy womb were they occupying?!

Hell, I'm going to see if I can dl a copy of "Into the Gap" for curiosity purposes. Reports will follow if successful.
We never did get that report.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:I saw the Police with The Fixx and Thompson Twins at Hollywood Park racetrack on Synchronicity tour.
I had albums by all three from that time. Kind of curious whether I'd still like the Thompson Twins.
You wouldn't. I mean, there's three of them, and they're not even twins. :shifty:
And one of them was black—what kind of crazy womb were they occupying?!

Hell, I'm going to see if I can dl a copy of "Into the Gap" for curiosity purposes. Reports will follow if successful.
We never did get that report.
I either didn't find a copy or got distracted by something shiny outside my window. Whatever the case, I don't have a copy and my curiosity has vanished.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

this is the thread that I made John Cougar Mellon Balls! I forgot all about that. A proud moment, indeed.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:John Cougar Mellon Balls

!!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This guitar kills mud people.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Image

This guitar kills mud people.
Ignore Post-Jim Crow Orders.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:Wow, what an epic thread. Of course, Tep has the most memorable quotes. That's why he is so quotable.
Christ, where was I that week? Diem, wow.
Checked my old blog, I saw ACDC and went to my first NFL game that week. :cool:
Blogs are so passe. People express their thoughts in 140-kernel nuggets these days:

http://www.getshitter.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/04/an_iris ... _children/

Oh look...the Church had its own little touch of Holocaust envy. :yuck:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

This revival of Frankie Goes To Hollywood we're witnessing this week is just a little too over-the-top, no? I mean, I know he's 0.001% less repulsive than both the Nazi and the Cro-magnon who oversaw the rise of the world's #1 child rape factory, but the magic of rock-bottom expectations isn't exactly...um, magical. I feel like the rock star treatment is coming way, way more from Protestants and agnostics than it is from the perpetually depressed flock. Which is just weird to me being...um...a perpetually depressed involuntary and lapsed member of the flock.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Any movement away from the Gordon Gecko brand of papacy from the past 30 years is a plus, just in the sense of easing off some of the hideousness. And anything that has the conservative faux-moralists getting the vapours is a positive of sorts.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

The Catholic church, with its centralised power structure inherited from the Roman Empire which spawned it, can only ever be a force of solid gold bureaucratic exploitation. It was the world's first corporation. It will always be an entrenched conservative force, holding back progressive, positive social change with the rumbling of its giant jerked knee. This strange, current Pope-a-mania enthusiasm is very funny and very specifically tied to 2015. He's a dying giant, an anachronism with a twitter account and 2,000 years of atrocities to sit atop.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Any movement away from the Gordon Gecko brand of papacy from the past 30 years is a plus, just in the sense of easing off some of the hideousness. And anything that has the conservative faux-moralists getting the vapours is a positive of sorts.
Watching the get all tinkly over his more liberal leaning has been great.

Chris Christie:
“I just think the pope is wrong,” Christie said Sunday in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
“The fact is that his infallibility is on religious matters, not on political ones.

...just like us Republicans sticking to politics.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JOHN COUGAR MELLON BALLS! ^^^

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm tracking down a copy of Into the Gap to listen to this afternoon. Three-plus years late, but I will deliver a verdict. Stay tuned.

edit: I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, tho the nostalgia factor was likely skewing the favourability here. It's definitely pop and of the synth dance variety, but overall it's not very rosy sounding and even incorporates more Middle Eastern rhythms and sounds to the package. Which doesn't make this a radical statement and way forward or anything, but it is a distinct from most of the early MTV bands. I likely won't listen to it again for some time, but if I do it won't be a guilty pleasure.