Bradford Upgrade lossless

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Bradford Upgrade lossless

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:I wonder if Radio 1 recorded the full concert. I bet it's just sitting there in the vaults. Shame.
Was it originally a Radio 1 broadcast?
I'm pretty sure it was. I listened as it went out on air.
Just did a little bit of research on the fantastic Radio Times archive page, it aired on Sat, 17th September 1988 as part of the "Stereo Sequence" show...

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/ra ... 1988-09-17
Cheers for that mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Usually a band of the stature of BAD might see a vault release of such a Radio One show. In this case though, I think the impetus is blunted by the leader having been in a group where the market or at least the record company is more interested in a sixth or tenth vault release by that group than any by BAD. The proposed Upping Street deluxe was put off for the intended reunion album (not that Sony was pushing that hard for the Upping Street release), and the scuttled for now reunion put paid to that idea.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Usually a band of the stature of BAD might see a vault release of such a Radio One show. In this case though, I think the impetus is blunted by the leader having been in a group where the market or at least the record company is more interested in a sixth or tenth vault release by that group than any by BAD. The proposed Upping Street deluxe was put off for the intended reunion album (not that Sony was pushing that hard for the Upping Street release), and the scuttled for now reunion put paid to that idea.
Was kinda hoping that when Mick said he wasn't interested in releasing any more Clash stuff after Sound System that was a sign that we might get some BAD stuff now.

Those BAD files are superb but it would great to have an official release set in top notch quality. There must be more outtakes than we've heard just due to the experimental nature of BAD.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Usually a band of the stature of BAD might see a vault release of such a Radio One show. In this case though, I think the impetus is blunted by the leader having been in a group where the market or at least the record company is more interested in a sixth or tenth vault release by that group than any by BAD. The proposed Upping Street deluxe was put off for the intended reunion album (not that Sony was pushing that hard for the Upping Street release), and the scuttled for now reunion put paid to that idea.
Was kinda hoping that when Mick said he wasn't interested in releasing any more Clash stuff after Sound System that was a sign that we might get some BAD stuff now.

Those BAD files are superb but it would great to have an official release set in top notch quality. There must be more outtakes than we've heard just due to the experimental nature of BAD.
Agreed!

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I think Mick Knows exactly what the BAD files countains
And the released of the 1st BAD album came with a second disk with lot's of 12inch or vocoder version that we didn't have or never heard before
So there is as you say Marky "must be more outtakes than we've heard just due to the experimental nature of BAD"

I think there is tons of stuff
And lot's of unknow footage too

i'm afraid that the reunion time around 2011 was the perfect timing for some new BAD appear... Now i really don't know what to think

And that's BAD !

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I wonder what ever happened to the BAD film Mick was often mentioning early on?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

There's a very good album's worth of unreleased songs from the Upping Street/Tighten Up era, including five or six written by Strummer/Jones. Don't really know what's going to become of them at this point.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:There's a very good album's worth of unreleased songs from the Upping Street/Tighten Up era, including five or six written by Strummer/Jones. Don't really know what's going to become of them at this point.
OK here's the plan I am going to kidnap Mick and hold him hostage 'til we get this stuff. I would love to hear these unreleased songs. We need a BAD boxset and BAD need more respect they were groundbreaking you know.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Marky Dread wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:There's a very good album's worth of unreleased songs from the Upping Street/Tighten Up era, including five or six written by Strummer/Jones. Don't really know what's going to become of them at this point.
OK here's the plan I am going to kidnap Mick and hold him hostage 'til we get this stuff. I would love to hear these unreleased songs. We need a BAD boxset and BAD need more respect they were groundbreaking you know.
Oh, I know. Shame the BAD reunion went pear shaped. We may well have had a new album of new and reworked songs. Didn't help that Gerry died either.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Oh, I know. Shame the BAD reunion went pear shaped. We may well have had a new album of new and reworked songs. Didn't help that Gerry died either.
Sure was a shame about the new album. Very sad that Gerry passed and from what others have said he seemed to be a great guy.

The thing that bugs me big time is that weekly bands with less stature that B.A.D are getting their back catalogs reissued with as many bonus tracks that can be crammed on. Mick should be wholly proud of his B.A.D stuff and Sony should be bloody privileged to release it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Sometimes i begin to wonder if the will is really there to get a re-issue job completed.I'm sure it can't be that impossible. Or has Mick satisfied his fans in the easiest way allowable by stealth releasing stuff online. :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:Sometimes i begin to wonder if the will is really there to get a re-issue job completed.I'm sure it can't be that impossible. Or has Mick satisfied his fans in the easiest way allowable by stealth releasing stuff online. :shifty:
More to it than that. Mick's a very busy man with other commitments.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:Sometimes i begin to wonder if the will is really there to get a re-issue job completed.I'm sure it can't be that impossible. Or has Mick satisfied his fans in the easiest way allowable by stealth releasing stuff online. :shifty:
I've just done six night-shifts and still managed to clean the oven this afternoon.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Marky Dread wrote:
Yep.

Co-produce, Michael, co-produce...

http://www.examiner.com/article/mick-jo ... jah-wobble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I've just done six night-shifts and still managed to clean the oven this afternoon.
I've just finished seven 12 hour night shifts and I'm too tired to clean my oven. ;)

Mick would never clean his oven, that's beyond the pale.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia