MLB 2014

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2014

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
"Out of respect for the Red Sox, their fans and the rivalry, I’m going to DH. I hope that people can respect my decision," Jeter told reporters in New York. "I don't know about [Friday night]. I'm not sure. I will play [this weekend], but I hope that people can respect my decision on that.
What does this mean? How does him DH-ing rather than playing SS demonstrate respect? Would anyone really feel he let down Red Sox fans by benching himself altogether? This guy is seriously up his own asshole.
Out of respect for your comment, I'm going to refrain from commenting myself. I hope you respect my decision not to comment, out of respect for respect. Respect.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Pretty sure most Sox fans would love to see him attempt to field his position a couple more times. :shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:Pretty sure most Sox fans would love to see him attempt to field his position a couple more times. :shifty:
Wow. That was disrespectful. Very disappointed in you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"Out of respect for the Red Sox, their fans and the rivalry, I’m going to DH. I hope that people can respect my decision," Jeter told reporters in New York. "I don't know about [Friday night]. I'm not sure. I will play [this weekend], but I hope that people can respect my decision on that.
What does this mean? How does him DH-ing rather than playing SS demonstrate respect? Would anyone really feel he let down Red Sox fans by benching himself altogether? This guy is seriously up his own asshole.
Out of respect for your comment, I'm going to refrain from commenting myself. I hope you respect my decision not to comment, out of respect for respect. Respect.
Hey, dickface, it's spelled re2pect. Make sure you drop a deuce to show you care.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hey, dickface, it's spelled re2pect. Make sure you drop a deuce to show you care.
I have more respect than Otis Redding and Rodney Dangerfield pulling a train on Aretha Franklin, so shut the fuck up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have more respect than Otis Redding and Rodney Dangerfield pulling a train on Aretha Franklin, so shut the fuck up.
Well, that image is pure nightmare fuel.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Flex wrote:Pretty sure most Sox fans would love to see him attempt to field his position a couple more times. :shifty:
He's supposed to DH the last 3 games. And I bet he gets tabbed for the Torre-Girardi garbage-time last regular season game tradition of designating some vet as player-manager for the game, so last game may just be a pinch-hit field appearance.

I doubt anyone in Boston would care. 1:35 start Sunday in the thick of the NFL schedule (even with Pats are the Monday Night game this week), Sox fans sick of their own season from hell tuned out long-ago, and the prospect of listening to Orsillo and Remy in the garbage-timingest game of the year with Jeter being the cherry on top of the usual NESN shit sundae of off-topic nothingness is too much for the locals to bear (and boy, the post-ASG ratings on NESN have reflected that...New England's been voting with its remotes this year on NESN's collapse into self-parody). New Yorkers snapped up disproportionate % of the tix before the season even started, and with all the tix re-sold by disgusted Sox after the season collapsed on "Meh, I can actually get primo money scalping for once...let 'em kick their feet on the furniture for all I care" so it's probably going to be a home game for the Yankees that the locals avoid like the plague.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Rat Patrol wrote:He's supposed to DH the last 3 games. And I bet he does the Torre-Girardi tradition of designating some vet as player-manager for the final garbage-time game of the season, so last game may just be a pinch-hit appearance.

I doubt anyone in Boston would care. 1:35 start Sunday in the thick of the NFL schedule (even with Pats are the Monday Night game this week), Sox fans sick of their own season from hell tuned out long-ago, and the prospect of listening to Orsillo and Remy in the garbage-timingest game of the year with Jeter being the cherry on top of the usual NESN shit sundae of off-topic nothingness is too much for the locals to bear (and boy, the post-ASG ratings on NESN have reflected that...New England's been voting with its remotes this year on NESN's collapse into self-parody). New Yorkers snapped up disproportionate % of the tix before the season even started, and with all the tix re-sold by disgusted Sox after the season collapsed on "Meh, I can actually get primo money scalping for once...let 'em kick their feet on the furniture for all I care" so it's probably going to be a home game for the Yankees that the locals avoid like the plague.
Yeah, I was just making a joke about how it would probably be pleasurable for Sox fans to see him shittily field his position. Because he's a Yankee and we don't like Yankees, geddit? Not making a serious point. I didn't even watch last night's game. Whatever interest I had in Jeter retiring got burnt out by, like, May.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

I was being super funny. Super-duper funny.

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

And I meant Aretha Franklin when she was young.

Flex

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:And I meant Aretha Franklin when she was young.
Yeah, I bet you did. :shifty:

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:And I meant Aretha Franklin when she was young.
Yeah, I bet you did. :shifty:
I have far too much respect for Aretha Franklin to suggest images of dicks being jammed in all her holes by two dead guys when she was above 300 pounds. Far too much respect.

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:I didn't even watch last night's game.
I watched the first inning and laughed when Markakis slammed a home run during roll call (side note: I genuinely dig that the bleacher parolees do that every game) and when they got to Jeter's name. So YES had a split screen going, waiting for Him to acknowledge the masses, and then the ball sailing over the fence. And Michael Kay, like a balloon losing air, said, "That was awkward." (I think those were his words.) It seemed such a good omen.

Still, Jeter should buy Robertson something nice for blowing that save so perfectly. I want to believe there was a conspiracy, I really do …

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:I didn't even watch last night's game.
I watched the first inning and laughed when Markakis slammed a home run during roll call (side note: I genuinely dig that the bleacher parolees do that every game) and when they got to Jeter's name. So YES had a split screen going, waiting for Him to acknowledge the masses, and then the ball sailing over the fence. And Michael Kay, like a balloon losing air, said, "That was awkward." (I think those were his words.) It seemed such a good omen.

Still, Jeter should buy Robertson something nice for blowing that save so perfectly. I want to believe there was a conspiracy, I really do …
BAL had a slim chance at home field. A loss last night threw it out the window.