Scorsese to do Ramones bio-pic

General music discussion.
Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Re: Scorsese to do Ramones bio-pic

Post by Chuck Mangione »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:He better get it right or else!

I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill him with a .44 Magnum pistol. A .44 Magnum pistol, I'm gonna kill him with that gun. Did you ever see, did you ever see what a .44 Magnum pistol can do to a man's face? I mean it will fuckin' destroy it. Just blow him right apart. That's what it will do to his face. Now, did you ever see what it can do to a man's movie? That you should see. That you should see what a .44 Magnum's gonna do to a man's movie you should see. I know, I know you must think that I'm, you know, you must think I'm pretty sick or somethin', you know, you must think I'm pretty sick. Right? You must think I'm pretty sick? Hmm? Right? I'll betcha, I'll betcha you really think I'm sick, right? You think I'm sick? You think I'm sick? You don't have to answer that. I'm payin' for the Blu-ray. You don't have to answer that.
This reminds me of the movies Marty made about New York
Those frank and brutal movies that were so brilliant...
Fool For Love meet the Raging Bull...
Here's to Travis Bickle and here's to Johnny Boy
growing up in the mean streets of New York.
I wrote this song cause I'd like to shake your hand
in a way you guys were the best friends I ever had...

Doin' the things that we want to...
[youtube][/youtube]
Love that part of that song. The whole song, really.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
biopunk wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: Films about Biopunk are far worse. :shifty:
Because he's Canadian. :shifty:
Well, it's true the backdrop soaring panoramic vistas of mountain peaks and vast swathes of forests and clear-cuts are the real selling feature of the film. :meh:
Not Canada no, but It's a Long Way Back to Germany.
Eh Ho Let's Go!
Somebody called me on the phone. They said "hey, is Marty home?"

:disshame: :cry:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Is he going to do a 20 minute one take scene following Dee Dee around CBGB and then getting a blow job? Because I wouldn't mind that. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

JennyB wrote:Is he going to do a 20 minute one take scene following Dee Dee around CBGB and then getting a blow job? Because I wouldn't mind that. :shifty:
Accompanied by "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "Be My Baby"? You know it would be stellar film making. :cool:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
biopunk wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: Films about Biopunk are far worse. :shifty:
Because he's Canadian. :shifty:
Well, it's true the backdrop soaring panoramic vistas of mountain peaks and vast swathes of forests and clear-cuts are the real selling feature of the film. :meh:
Not Canada no, but It's a Long Way Back to Germany.
Eh Ho Let's Go!
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:Is he going to do a 20 minute one take scene following Dee Dee around CBGB and then getting a blow job? Because I wouldn't mind that. :shifty:
That's Dee Dee's own movie called "Turning Tricks".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Are we watching Entourage? Didn't Martin Landau own the script and Ari screwed it up? Scorsese did the contemporary Gatsby with a Vinnie Chase as Nick Carraway. The real world seems to have got it worse - Leo as Gatsby and Scorsese doing the Ramones. It's all about the script. I bet he hires Brian Koppleman and David Levien to take a crack at the script, with Brian's music business heritage. They're working on the show with Bobby Cannavale for Scorsese and Terry Winter. Mick Jomes would kill for Scorsese to do The Clash; in fact, he might be the only one Mick would let it really go for. Myself, I don't see it in either case. Jeff Jampol is talking some All For One bullshit about the Ramones when Joey and Johnny were enemies, and political opposites and Johnny stole Linda from Joey. A real Ramones movie would be about racism, anti-Semitism, male prostitution, the insane Linda and Seymour Stein connection, Joey's infirmities (without some cute Hollywood version of his OCD, heroin, and Arturo Vega and Danny Fields as the protagonists. And Tommy as the mastermind. I think all these writers and this director are going to get is leather jackets, tough guys, New York ethnics, and misogyny (because they've always got that part). Remember that Nick Cage movie about the paramedics Scorsese did? Awful. My favorite movie he's done since Gangs of New York was Hugo, probably because Leo wasn't in it. Prediction: it won't happen.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I'd cast Nic Cage just to listen to him say "GET IN THE FUCKIN' VAN, C.J.!", but Tarantino would have to be the director to pull that schlock off. :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Are we watching Entourage? Didn't Martin Landau own the script and Ari screwed it up? Scorsese did the contemporary Gatsby with a Vinnie Chase as Nick Carraway. The real world seems to have got it worse - Leo as Gatsby and Scorsese doing the Ramones. It's all about the script. I bet he hires Brian Koppleman and David Levien to take a crack at the script, with Brian's music business heritage. They're working on the show with Bobby Cannavale for Scorsese and Terry Winter. Mick Jomes would kill for Scorsese to do The Clash; in fact, he might be the only one Mick would let it really go for. Myself, I don't see it in either case. Jeff Jampol is talking some All For One bullshit about the Ramones when Joey and Johnny were enemies, and political opposites and Johnny stole Linda from Joey. A real Ramones movie would be about racism, anti-Semitism, male prostitution, the insane Linda and Seymour Stein connection, Joey's infirmities (without some cute Hollywood version of his OCD, heroin, and Arturo Vega and Danny Fields as the protagonists. And Tommy as the mastermind. I think all these writers and this director are going to get is leather jackets, tough guys, New York ethnics, and misogyny (because they've always got that part). Remember that Nick Cage movie about the paramedics Scorsese did? Awful. My favorite movie he's done since Gangs of New York was Hugo, probably because Leo wasn't in it. Prediction: it won't happen.
Very good movie.

...I agree it won't happen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Are we watching Entourage? Didn't Martin Landau own the script and Ari screwed it up? Scorsese did the contemporary Gatsby with a Vinnie Chase as Nick Carraway. The real world seems to have got it worse - Leo as Gatsby and Scorsese doing the Ramones. It's all about the script. I bet he hires Brian Koppleman and David Levien to take a crack at the script, with Brian's music business heritage. They're working on the show with Bobby Cannavale for Scorsese and Terry Winter. Mick Jomes would kill for Scorsese to do The Clash; in fact, he might be the only one Mick would let it really go for. Myself, I don't see it in either case. Jeff Jampol is talking some All For One bullshit about the Ramones when Joey and Johnny were enemies, and political opposites and Johnny stole Linda from Joey. A real Ramones movie would be about racism, anti-Semitism, male prostitution, the insane Linda and Seymour Stein connection, Joey's infirmities (without some cute Hollywood version of his OCD, heroin, and Arturo Vega and Danny Fields as the protagonists. And Tommy as the mastermind. I think all these writers and this director are going to get is leather jackets, tough guys, New York ethnics, and misogyny (because they've always got that part). Remember that Nick Cage movie about the paramedics Scorsese did? Awful. My favorite movie he's done since Gangs of New York was Hugo, probably because Leo wasn't in it. Prediction: it won't happen.
agree. good post
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dee Dee Fries
Blondie Beer
Talking Head Cheese.
http://gothamist.com/2015/12/21/cbgb_ne ... aurant.php
What? How? Why?
Last month, Grub Street buried this bit in an article about Newark dining: "Harold Moore hooked up with the lamented CBGB and will serve 'American fare in a fun environment recalling the legendary music venue.'" That fare will include $9 deviled eggs, an $11.50 wedge salad, and a $14 cheeseburger. There will not be an homage to Hilly's Chili, for any price.
The current owner of all things CBGB declined to comment on the venture, but it seems that all CBGB trademarks have been assigned to a holding company, and it is they who are behind this airport nonsense.
We hear it may be opening by the end of the year.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:

Dee Dee Fries
Blondie Beer
Talking Head Cheese.
What? How? Why?
Last month, Grub Street buried this bit in an article about Newark dining: "Harold Moore hooked up with the lamented CBGB and will serve 'American fare in a fun environment recalling the legendary music venue.'" That fare will include $9 deviled eggs, an $11.50 wedge salad, and a $14 cheeseburger. There will not be an homage to Hilly's Chili, for any price.
The current owner of all things CBGB declined to comment on the venture, but it seems that all CBGB trademarks have been assigned to a holding company, and it is they who are behind this airport nonsense.
Okay, now we can confidently declare punk to be dead.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Dee Dee Fries
Blondie Beer
Talking Head Cheese.
What? How? Why?
Okay, now we can confidently declare punk to be dead.
If they do this at the A terminal I'll be okay with it.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

BostonBeaneater wrote:

Dee Dee Fries
Blondie Beer
Talking Head Cheese.
What? How? Why?
I can't wait for a Max's Kansas City diner to open. I'll be first in line for a Cherry Vanilla at early 70's prices.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Still in agreement, it won't happen....but what if it did?