NBA

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: NBA

Post by Bankrobber »

daredevil wrote:I was surprised how easily the Wizards beat the Pacers. That was the first playoff game of theirs I watched. This team is really talented from the starters to
the bench.
The Wizards are better than they get credit for. The collapse of the Pacers in the late part of the season and the battle against the Hawks upset me. I really wanted them to knock the Heat down. Obviously it can still happen but not if the Heat get a long rest after each series while the Pacers fight for every goal.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Bankrobber wrote:
daredevil wrote:I was surprised how easily the Wizards beat the Pacers. That was the first playoff game of theirs I watched. This team is really talented from the starters to
the bench.
The Wizards are better than they get credit for. The collapse of the Pacers in the late part of the season and the battle against the Hawks upset me. I really wanted them to knock the Heat down. Obviously it can still happen but not if the Heat get a long rest after each series while the Pacers fight for every goal.
Brooklyn could push Miami to 7 games. They beat em during the regular season, but I know playoff games are different.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

daredevil wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:
the bench.
Brooklyn could push Miami to 7 games. They beat em during the regular season, but I know playoff games are different.
Alas, not tonight. I'm rooting for my Neltics.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Wow. I thought OKC was going to lose. But that call against the Clippers was bad. Looked like it should've been their ball.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

daredevil wrote:Wow. I thought OKC was going to lose. But that call against the Clippers was bad. Looked like it should've been their ball.
Should have been a foul anyway. Great comeback and how good was Westbrook's 3 free throws under huge pressure!!!

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

101Walterton wrote:
daredevil wrote:Wow. I thought OKC was going to lose. But that call against the Clippers was bad. Looked like it should've been their ball.
Should have been a foul anyway. Great comeback and how good was Westbrook's 3 free throws under huge pressure!!!
I read this morning that the NBA rule is if the defensive player hits an offensive player forcing the ball out of bounds the offensive (team) keeps possession,
which is why the official pointed to OKC. So the refs probably did the right thing by not reversing the call on the court.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Robbery. I haven't watched basketball in 10 years and this is what I return to? That was my last game ever.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Lebron opts out of his contract with the Heat. It's possible that the Lebron-Wade-Bosh era will have not 8, not 6, not 4 but 2 championships.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Although I'm not a fan of the new Sports Illustrated makeover, the new web design does make for some interesting unintentional headline editing:
heat.JPG
heat.JPG (15.22 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Lebron is going back to Cleveland, according to ESPN.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:Lebron is going back to Cleveland, according to ESPN.
Sucks for all those people there who burned their jerseys and have to buy them all over again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

...at least it's not Detroit. :shifty:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
daredevil wrote:Lebron is going back to Cleveland, according to ESPN.
Sucks for all those people there who burned their jerseys and have to buy them all over again.
Cleveland fans are an insufferable lot. They don't deserve him.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

25.25W is at a training camp with Steve Adams today!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Very happy 12 year old today :mrgreen: