Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

General music discussion.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:It's spelt eumaas.

hahaha I didn't notice the avatar change :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:Aye, but is the typo intentional? Are we supposed to think of a person with forty pounds of sheep McRib in his colon?
:disshame:[/quote]

Sorry to piss in the pool—it was an inspired bit of work.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
biopunk wrote:Aye, but is the typo intentional? Are we supposed to think of a person with forty pounds of sheep McRib in his colon?
:disshame:
Sorry to piss in the pool—it was an inspired bit of work.[/quote]

No worries. I am shite at proofing my own text. :meh:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
:disshame:
Sorry to piss in the pool—it was an inspired bit of work.
No worries. I am shite at proofing my own text. :meh:[/quote]

It, um, happens. :disshame:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I've met Richey and James from the Manics they were watching Radiohead in the Afterdark, Reading. They took a night off from recording Generation Terrorists at the Manor , Oxford.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Marky Dread wrote:I've met Richey and James from the Manics they were watching Radiohead in the Afterdark, Reading. They took a night off from recording Generation Terrorists at the Manor , Oxford.
It was this fateful meeting that led to speculation, four years later, of "The Dread Connection" in regards to Edwards disappearance. †

The inability of Edwards to grow a decent beard, in combination with his history of barely tamed cowlicks, led him down an ever increasing path of despondency after witnessing first-hand Marky's legendary locks in person.

† The producers of this documentary in no way blame Mr. Dread's hair for causing Richey's death, rather, in mentioning "The Dread Connection", we hope to present a better understanding of another aspect of this complicated tragedy.
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:I've met Richey and James from the Manics they were watching Radiohead in the Afterdark, Reading. They took a night off from recording Generation Terrorists at the Manor , Oxford.
I met James and Nicky briefly after a show. They were very nice. James complemented eumaas's outfit. My wife swooned over him even though he's officially Hobbit sized.
The Reverend Horton Heat hit on my ex (she was my ex at the time, so I wasn't offended), and I loaned his bass player some pomade.
The guys from Man...Or Astroman? are super nice.
Did a shot with Hank III in the late 90s, when he was an opening act. I told him he'd be headlining the next time he came through town, and I swear to god he blushed.
I heckled Mike Mills from REM for no reason when he was walking down the street. He ignored me, which is for the best, because I was being a dick.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
I met James and Nicky briefly after a show. They were very nice. James complemented eumaas's outfit. My wife swooned over him even though he's officially Hobbit sized.

Yes they are all nice guys I spoke to all four after they played the Afterdark. I remember the audience being really hateful towards them and me and my mate Paul saying sorry that they got treated badly. They just laughed and took our names and put us on their guest list for their London date.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

biopunk wrote:
It was this fateful meeting that led to speculation, four years later, of "The Dread Connection" in regards to Edwards disappearance. †

The inability of Edwards to grow a decent beard, in combination with his history of barely tamed cowlicks, led him down an ever increasing path of despondency after witnessing first-hand Marky's legendary locks in person.

† The producers of this documentary in no way blame Mr. Dread's hair for causing Richey's death, rather, in mentioning "The Dread Connection", we hope to present a better understanding of another aspect of this complicated tragedy.
Indeed a tragedy. I hope he's happy wherever he is.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mike Peters of The Alarm / Big Country is a real nice guy always has time for everyone.
Last year while visiting my folks in Cornwall I literally bumped into Bruce Foxton in Falmouth coming out of a shop. I think From the Jam were doing some shows.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 10 Feb 2014, 2:10am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I don't know if I have ever really met a rock star in the truest sense.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Cadillac Jack
Dirty Punk

Post by Cadillac Jack »

Lucinda Williams comped my bar tab once and gave my brother a backstage pass at a show in a different town a couple years later. It was a great gesture, because at that point I figured all the people I knew in LA had forgotten about me. Really was good for my self-esteem at the time. Never gonna forget it.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Cadillac Jack
Dirty Punk

Post by Cadillac Jack »

Oh, and I passed by Roger Daltrey at a Kimmel taping and he looked small, tired, and confused. I felt weirdly sorry for him for a second. He didn't even look like a rock star, just old.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Most rock stars are old. Or will be very shortly.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs